Central Heating - on yet?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex321

Veteran
Put ours on for a couple of hours this evening.

Not sure what the temperature inside was, but out on the bike half an hour before that it was down to 8C.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
turned it up just enough to set the heating on , mini ck 2 had a school jumper needed drying and its too cold outside to dry stuff( dont get me started on mrs ck being off all weekend yet i get do to 4 loads on a sunday afternoon )

Outside temp was 4 deg this morning. 15 deg in my living room at 7.30 am but 18 deg in my bedroom and 19 deg in the bathroom. My bedroom adjoins my next-door neighbour's kitchen, the common corridor and my interior hallway, with one outside wall and a curtained window of normal size. My living room has a long outside wall with a large uncurtained window and fully-glazed door, and part of one end of the room abuts onto an unheated secure space which gives access for lift maintenance/service. So I don't think that's at all bad for heat loss given the current situation with no curtains!

lazybloke

Considering a new username
TWo nighhs of frost, and the lounge dropped to 19 C overnight, the lowest I've seen in several months.
But with a muh warmer overnight forecast for the next fortnight I doubt the heating will be coming on before the end of the month.

My garden office is another matter - it went down to 2 C overnight, so the heater went on this morning. Lovely now, except for my cold toes. Slight risk of Reyaud's.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Mine went on for the first time this morning. Stayed at my partner's house for the weekend, got back to mine this morning and it was 15 degrees C. Too cold even for me, so I've got it up to 20 now and still sitting with hoodie on. I'm going to sit under a blanket for my lunch break to get warmed up

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Ours went on last night. Sudden drop in external temperatures and loads of condensation on windows. Definitely would have struggled getting up this morning without it.

Mike_P

Guru
Mine kicked in early this morning - must have been cold as I have on a digital thermostat with varying temperatures throughout the day should it be set on all day.Did have the advantage of drying the towels which in recent weeks have required doubling or trebling up on due their near persistant damp state on days it has not been fit to put them outside.

Last edited:
Top Bottom