Central Scotland May Ride

Route preference

• Falkirk 1 (36.6km)

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Falkrik 2 (42km and a bit more challenging)

• Trossachs (60km no big climbs)

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hairy Jock said:
Ach, I can take Mags on the down hill anytime...

:girl:

Actually, I take it as an honour that anyone thinks I can take anyone! It was only one ride back that I was trailing at the back very, very badly. :bicycle:

OUt of the rides I'm probably most interested in the Trossachs Ride. The prospect of a nice lunch half way tips the balance!:bicycle:

TechMech

scoosh said:
Are you doing the Etape Caledonia ? [envy, envy] (is there an emoticon for 'envy' ??)

I'd entered for it last year, then was injured and now I am getting fit again - it's booked up :biggrin: :bicycle:

I previously looked at the details on the web, but seriously, 81 miles and some mega climbs, i'd still be going the next day! xx(xx(:girl:

I was only kidding when i replied to Hlab's post, but good luck to him though, i'm sure he'll do it :sad: :angry:

D-Rider

magnatom said:
:sad:

Actually, I take it as an honour that anyone thinks I can take anyone! It was only one ride back that I was trailing at the back very, very badly. :girl:

Aye, that new bike must be great! :bicycle:

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
I voted Trossachs too, there's a pub with a micro-brewery at Kilmahog... I hear they do good food also. Plus I don't have far to go to meet everyone!

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
eldudino said:
I voted Trossachs too, there's a pub with a micro-brewery at Kilmahog... I hear they do good food also. Plus I don't have far to go to meet everyone!

There may be a risk that after stopping there, we may never get going again !

scoosh said:
Slightly OT but here's an intesting link for those of a mountain goat nature - and HLaB, of course :biggrin:
Cols d'Écosse
That's an interesting list; the first forum ride I done (old C+) went over Falkland Hill (a mere 5.5% and only 4.6km) I've done a few other on the list good to see there's more hills out there.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
D-Rider said:
Righty-o all of us up to the Bealach na Ba in May then. :biggrin:

My mate at work did that last year and said it wasn't hard at all. He's doing the Etape Du Dales shortly and is off to do the Etape Du Tour this year as well.

Obviously a sucker for pain and not quite right in the head... :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Tetedelacourse

I did the etape last year, and year before, nice ride it were. I reckon if I pushed it I could have done to between 4h15m and 4h30m. Not this year though:ohmy::sad:

I'm happy to do any of those rides if the date suits. I couldn't get the doodle to work either though. Once a date is picked, I'll confirm my attendance (or not).

I should probably let you pretenders know that I averaged 44kph for the last 10km of the ride on Sunday. There's only one true TDLC :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

scook94

Veteran
That Trossachs run is exactly the kind of thing I'd hoped to be doing when I decided to get back on a bike. What sort of average speed do you guys do on one of these things? I'm not sure that right now I'd be able to keep up without some sort of coronary. But I guess I have some time to get my fitness level up before May time...

ACS

Legendary Member
scook94 said:
That Trossachs run is exactly the kind of thing I'd hoped to be doing when I decided to get back on a bike. What sort of average speed do you guys do on one of these things? I'm not sure that right now I'd be able to keep up without some sort of coronary. But I guess I have some time to get my fitness level up before May time...

Trust me, NO one gets left behind, this is a group ride out not a training run. The 'fast boys' take in the view while we make our way to them. There is no pressure to race, despite the banter on this and other threads. It is a great day out. I can just about make an average 12.5 mph so I can assure you will have company whether you want it or not. :tongue:

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
Skook94, if this manages to be a weekend that I can do, do you fancy riding from Stirling up to Dunblane or alternatively meet them on the way there, say Deanston?

Top Bottom