Scotland : Argyll, Isles & Loch Lomond Chat for CC Ecosse Islay Cycle Tour 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Yes you should ^_^
can you not pass by Decathon in Embra, get @Edwardoka's bits?
What do you want/need, @Edwardoka - I can go out this arvo ...

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
It's cool, plans are afoot, cheers though!

... plus I'm not keen on trying to assemble and tune a drivetrain with an audience of CCers ^_^
Just try to borrow another bike, me thinks, this sounds too complicated for a last minute job.

Last minute is rebuilding the bike on the ferry, the strategy involves rebuilding the bike tonight :thumbsup:
Second bike is sat in a perfectly rideable state waiting to come off the bench in the event of spanner-induced rage-quitting.

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
@Fubar - Could we get the train from Waverley direct to Glasgow Central ?

I think they are:
Wav 0945 - Arr GC 1051
Wav 1000 - Arr GC 1104

Saves walking/ trying to cycle to Central from GQS.

I'll be at Wav by 0930 - and will need assistance getting my ticket - I'm a right numptie when it comes to ticket purchase from those funny machines :sad: :blush:

Just been to Edin Waverley to purchase my combined train/ferry ticket, so have an off-peak return Edinburgh-Brodick - £40.30. I went to the ticket booth, easier than going to a machine! The return ticket is valid for 1 month - should be back by then...

Happy to get the train to Glasgow Central so long as we get in on time for the 11:19 for Ardrossan, my memory of getting on a train to Edinburgh from Glasgow Central was that it took a very looooooong route south. At the very worst we get the next ferry!

I'm aiming for getting to Waverley around 09:30, meet you and @DougieAB outside WH Smith??

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
@Scoosh which timetable/route are you thinking of to GC? the only ones I can see are via Shotts or Carluke, neither of which fit our timescales.

DougieAB

Getting the messages
Right, had a few bike problems over the last few days, might not have been the right time to fit new derailleurs and chain ring. Had to get a new bottom bracket as the one the bike shop fitted last month was not wide enough so that when you fitted the new chain ring the small ring rubbed against the frame. All is well now, had a couple of commuting days on the bike, tracked down an annoying clicking sound to the seat post and fitted the panniers for the first time. Will pack tonight and see the east coast posse at Waverley station by 09:30AM to buy my ticket. Will go for the combined train/ferry ticket as suggested by @Fubar. Did you confirm the train time from Waverley, 09:45 or 10:00AM?

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
Right, had a few bike problems over the last few days, might not have been the right time to fit new derailleurs and chain ring. Had to get a new bottom bracket as the one the bike shop fitted last month was not wide enough so that when you fitted the new chain ring the small ring rubbed against the frame. All is well now, had a couple of commuting days on the bike, tracked down an annoying clicking sound to the seat post and fitted the panniers for the first time. Will pack tonight and see the east coast posse at Waverley station by 09:30AM to buy my ticket. Will go for the combined train/ferry ticket as suggested by @Fubar. Did you confirm the train time from Waverley, 09:45 or 10:00AM?

According to the timetable I picked up today they are every 15 mins to GQS, so 09:30, 09:45, 10:00, etc so plenty choice - alternatively we go for a Glasgow Central train though as stated above I can't find the timetable Scoosh refers to. If we are there for 09:30 we should have plenty options, glad your bike is sorted! See you tomorrow :thumbsup:

Top Bottom