Chatroom

Shaun

Founder
I've installed a basic chatroom that is now available to anyone who has been a member for six months or more.

It's very basic and not at all comparable with our previous chat application, but will likely be replaced with something more feature-filled in the future as Xenforo develops.

Just click the "Chat" link on the top navigation bar.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Ooh er! Thanks Shaun - just need a few people to go in now!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
No offence intended Shaun but it's pretty ropey!^_^
Very slow, and difficult to know who's in, no sound to indicate a new person in, or chat posted.

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
No offence intended Shaun but it's pretty ropey!^_^
Very slow, and difficult to know who's in, no sound to indicate a new person in, or chat posted.

I know. :thumbsup:

I plan to revisit "chat" once I've got the blog data moved and the old forum software uninstalled. I'll PM the test group again when I'm ready; and in the meantime I'll ask around to see if there are any other alternatives we can consider. ^_^

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Ha, complaints about no sound doorbell from rich p, people kept on saying in the past they thought someone was at the door!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
There appears to be a new link that is being circulated amongst the cognoscenti for another basic chatroom. What's occurring?

HovR

Über Member
I can't see a chat button. :scratch:Am I missing something?

Edit: Nevermind - Just noticed the 6 month thing. That should teach me to skim-read. Guess I'll just wait till April 4th. :smile:

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
I have invited a small group to test an alternative chat room software. I'm awaiting feedback before I make any changes. :thumbsup:

Muddyfox

Guru
Why do you have to be a member for 6 months ? i think you'l find that those that were hauled up for chat room offences were long term members of the forum !

what a pathetic rule

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Why do you have to be a member for 6 months ? i think you'l find that those that were hauled up for chat room offences were long term members of the forum !

what a pathetic rule

Without a time limit, those that were banned for whatever reason would & could just re-register under a different name to gain access to the chat room.
6 months was a time limit set that those who did register would do so as to become part of and to contribute to the Cycle Chat community, not just to gain access to a chat room.
A post count was originally set but people got round that by quickfire posting rubbish.
So not pathetic in the slightest.

Top Bottom