Cheeky Photoshop request

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
I've just been sent a photo of my baby niece and have a very cheeky request to make.

Could someone photoshop it or something for me please? Or tell me how to do it ;).
I have no photo editing software though - only Paint in MS Office.

There is a small label showing and it would look much better removed.

Melvil

longers, if you sent it in the next ten minutes or so I'd happily help (PM me). If not, why not download GIMP as it is nearly as powerful as photoshop and free too!

Danny

Legendary Member
You can also download Picasa from Google for free. I've found it so easy to use for basic editing that I've stopped using the commercial product I bought a few years ago.

yenrod

longers said:
I've just been sent a photo of my baby niece and have a very cheeky request to make.

Could someone photoshop it or something for me please? Or tell me how to do it :thumbsup:.
I have no photo editing software though - only Paint in MS Office.

There is a small label showing and it would look much better removed.

Open it up in Paint - Longs and select the wide brush and then select a colour to mask the area you want to be rid of and spray away.

Then re-save :blush:

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
I got the GIMP but it won't do what I want it to :thumbsup:.

I would like to select an area of the background and use that as the colour for covering over the label but I can't seem to find how to do that.
This is what you're suggesting Yenners and I thought I knew how to do that in Paint but apparently not :blush:.

PapaZita

Guru
longers said:
I would like to select an area of the background and use that as the colour for covering over the label but I can't seem to find how to do that.

Try the clone tool in the GIMP. The toolbox icon looks like a rubber stamp. Choose an appropriate brush then hold down Ctrl and click in the background area that you want to copy from. Then release Ctrl and paint over the label. A fuzzy edged brush can help to hide the edges of the cloned area.

PZ.

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
Cheers Papazita, I was playing with the clone tool unsuccessfully. I wasn't pressing CTRL :blush:. I'll give it another go.

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
Here she is:-

rb02t3.jpg

yenrod

I take it as thats after the adjustments; if so: fantastic job: tell the mother and father they did a fantastic job on the kid too ! :blush:

Top Bottom