Classic clothing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ludwig

Hopeless romantic
Have any of you got any classic bike clothing, musettes, caps etc. I have an old Castelli green Tour de France top which is quite rare.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Have any of you got any classic bike clothing, musettes, caps etc. I have an old Castelli green Tour de France top which is quite rare.
really, so's mine then…

also z team jersey, shorts and winter jacket (not recent replicas), once top…

Stevejo

I was at the world championships in Montreal in 1974. Being starstruck teenagers we were hanging around hotel where riders were staying. I managed to buy a Raleigh TI team jersey from the dutchman Rene Pinjen. Had to promise not to wear it untill the World's were over and all the pro's had left. Since I was 6'-3" at the time and Rene was about 5'-2" not much chance of me squeezing into the jersey anyway. I still have it!
We also bought Barum tubulars from the Polish Amateur team for next to nothing, even though they were being watched by team security at the time.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Erm... I've got an early 90s Kona jersey with matching shorts. Is this a classic item yet? This:

KonaJerseyFront.jpg

Scilly Suffolk

Über Member
I've bought several 1980/1990 tops and a gilet off of Ebay.

There's a lot of wheat to be sorted from the chaff, but some nice looking gear (if you're into that sort of thing) for a tenner or so.

Personally, I'm not all that keen on the modern styles and don't have £40-odd to spend on a top.

Even something special, like Alecstilleyedye's Z team jersey or La Vie Claire will only set you back £35/£40.

gary r

Guru
i have a small collection of old wool jerseys
Brooklyn
Skil (Sean Kelly)
Flandria
Renault Gitane
Falcon Campagnolo
and a few more,i might post some pics later.always on the look out for old wool team jerseys if anyone has any for sale?

Top Bottom