Coincidences do happen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

(Well, of course they do, that's why they are called coincidences)

We had a plumber working at our place yesterday, cutting out some redundant pipe work and generally tidying up*. This involved disconnecting us from the mains for several hours.

Today, about an hour ago, we had no water. I look at what the plumber had done and it all looked okay. No fountains nor waterfalls. I assured my wife (fingers crossed behind my back) that it was a coincidence and the water board must be repairing something somewhere and had cut the water. She phoned a neighbour for confirmation (trust issues? None here!).

The water's just come back on.

*I like 'tidying up'. I'm a mean but efficient gardener. Ripping out swathes of old and overgrown stuff to create new, clean spaces. I have no knowledge of plants nor planting but can provide the blank canvas for someone that does.

Equally, and since I'm in life story mode, I was a great tidier in my former life as a coder (or 'computer programmer' to give it it's CV name). Where others would gingerly weave their code through existing tangles, I'd see possibility and lay waste; reworking the whole damned thing in an aesthetically pleasing manner. My colleagues hated me for it. And rightly so. I'd never have won awards as a coder but my word I'd give Mr Turner a run for his money.

Top Bottom