Confession ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
... I'm very much a lapsed cyclist. In fact, I'm probably pretty close to being an ex - cyclist. I still own all my bikes, but since I stopped commuting they're gathering dust in the lounge. I like to pretend that I'm a cycle tourist (and I do enjoy touring, when I oh - so - infrequently go), but the sad reality is that this forum is about as close as I get to regular cycling these days. I'm not especially sad about this (although it would be nice to do a bit more cycling, maybe at least get myself a job in commutable distance), just wondering if there's anyone else here in the same position? Or are you all super fit racing whippets who think nothing of riding 150 miles before breakfast?;)

TVC

I've been there, I picked up a back injury cycling last year (showing off in front of a woman on a horse, trying to make out I was Pantani:rolleyes:). Then the winter weather set in and I fell out of love with my bike. It sat ignored for nearly six months and I only got back on because I have to tone up for my big holiday in Oz.
I am happy to report that after only a couple of miles, as I hit the country lanes, and I realised my fitness levels had not slipped as far as I feared, the affair was back on again.:biggrin:

RT, I can only suggest that you try a gentle ride around somewhere you like and see if the spark starts to come back. If not, stick the bikes on eBay and buy some new drums.;)

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Put a turbo in your truck, when your on your 45 or waiting to be tipped and reloaded get on it and turbo ride.
Are you still tramping? Could always go get some exploring in when you have finished?
Me, i go out and do 150miles before breakfast. Infact, sometimes if i feel good i will only add on another 50 miles because i need to get home for school;)

Joe24 said:
Are you still tramping? Could always go get some exploring in when you have finished?

I used to do that, I always had a bike in the trailer and would go off exploring wherever I was (usually somewhere scenic in Scotland) after work. Once I did a 50 mile loop up onto the pennines from Heywood over to Hebden Bridge and back. Those were the days ... the problem is now that I'm on purely local work and my hours don't really allow for after work cycling.;)
I'd never sell the bikes though, VC - that would be a step too far!

Mr Pig

I'm no whippet, I'm fifteen-stone! ;0)

I've hardly been cycling this year other than cycling to work. The weather has been terrible and I've been kinda waiting for my new bike, which might sound daft?

I'm looking forward to getting to know my new bike, I'm hoping it will be more enjoyable to ride and hoping to do more off road on it. Just waiting for the rain to stop...

Night Train

Maker of Things
I hardly cycle. My regular cycle was to theatre rehearsals but since I have been building bits of set I have had to drive there as I can't get tools or set bits on the bike.

If we get a summer then I would be in the park with my bike and a sketch pad.

Keith Oates

Janner
RT, I think most people go through periods when the riding is not so frequent but if you still like bikes and keep reading and following what's going on, I'm sure something will happen to get you out on the road again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Get out you lot - 6/7 days a week me, although 5 of those are commutes, and maybe 'long routes' back..... Good rides at weekends....

Get out you lot - even if only to clear the mind..........

Keith Oates said:
RT, I think most people go through periods when the riding is not so frequent but if you still like bikes and keep reading and following what's going on, I'm sure something will happen to get you out on the road again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm hoping to get a job a bit nearer home soon. Anywhere within about 20 miles should get me back on the bike again.

yenrod

Rhythm Thief said:
... I'm very much a lapsed cyclist. In fact, I'm probably pretty close to being an ex - cyclist. I still own all my bikes, but since I stopped commuting they're gathering dust in the lounge. I like to pretend that I'm a cycle tourist (and I do enjoy touring, when I oh - so - infrequently go), but the sad reality is that this forum is about as close as I get to regular cycling these days. I'm not especially sad about this (although it would be nice to do a bit more cycling, maybe at least get myself a job in commutable distance), just wondering if there's anyone else here in the same position? Or are you all super fit racing whippets who think nothing of riding 150 miles before breakfast?:becool:

You need a job closer to home mate !

Mr Pig

Rhythm Thief said:
Ms RT keeps hers in the lounge now too. When she first moved in with me she wouldn't even consider it.

Yeah, we always drag them down to our level eh? ;0)

My new bike is in the hall, but only because there's no room in the tiny shed. Last night I put up one of those crappy ALDI bike lifts in there which I'm hoping will clear a bit of floor.

Top Bottom