Cooking veal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Having been assured by the RSPCA that British veal is ok to eat - no crates in darkened warehouses, just the slaughter of bull calves of milk breeds before they get too big and tough, I have bought a couple of veal steaks for supper tonight.

I'm about to cycle home and would welcome suggestions on how best to cook them when I get back.

Patrick Stevens said:
Having been assured by the RSPCA that British veal is ok to eat - no crates in darkened warehouses, just the slaughter of bull calves of milk breeds before they get too big and tough, I have bought a couple of veal steaks for supper tonight.

I'm about to cycle home and would welcome suggestions on how best to cook them when I get back.

Cook them?

Bigtallfatbloke

Olive oil in a trangia fry pan, garlic, herbs then make sure it's cooked through and serve with some lemon juice...and a bag of chips from Mc donalds 'cos you can tcook chips on a trangia!

Have you never had a 'Fixed veal' experience before then Patrick? It hurts your calves for a while...

shimano

can't remember when I last had veal but used to love it! IMHO white meat is always best with rice. Grill the meat and do the rice in the oven along with herbs, onions and beans ( ie black-eye beans, kidney beans and chick-peas) then use a tin of condensed mushroom soup over it as the sauce.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
What news on your veal dinner, then, Patrick? I came to this thread too late to promote the joys of Saltimbocca alla Romana...

Top Bottom