Cornwall on an old Raleigh

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nick Salt

I went on holiday to Cornwall recently, got the train there then used my bike for transport during the holiday. Thought I'd share some photos but I only took a couple of photos of the bike at Taunton station. This was the best one. On the cycle path near my home I was asked to do a Sustrans survey and the bloke with the clipboard was impressed that I'd done a journey to Newport from Fowey, at least until I let on that the bulk of it was via rail!
1000000205.JPG

Pottsy

Excellent. Some tradition touring old stylee.

I'm liking the Brooks and the rolled up blanket on the back
biggrin.gif

I've got a Pashley Guv'nor and I've considered some small tours on it in a similar vein. Mine is single-speed which might make Cornwall a bit of a struggle though. Presumably you've got a 3 or 4-speed Sturmey Archer on that then?

OP
OP
N

Nick Salt

Excellent. Some tradition touring old stylee.

I'm liking the Brooks and the rolled up blanket on the back
biggrin.gif

I've got a Pashley Guv'nor and I've considered some small tours on it in a similar vein. Mine is single-speed which might make Cornwall a bit of a struggle though. Presumably you've got a 3 or 4-speed Sturmey Archer on that then?

No singlespeed, I don't mind getting off and pushing occasionally ;) I'm building an old 1930s wreck into a Pashley Guvnor style machine at the moment coincidentally, let me see if I can take a photo....

Top Bottom