Costa Coffee Safety Announcement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I was in Gosport today, behind a Costa Coffee liveried light good vehicle.

As normal I had puled out into the primary behind is as we approached a junction.

The vehicle indicated a left turn......and then there was an audible "This vehicle is turning" linked with the signal.

Repeated throughout the turn and cancelled with the indicator.

Now I know it does not deal with poor driving, and / or a failure to signal, but I thought it was actually a fair step in warning inexperienced cyclists not to undertake

Last edited:

Brandane

Legendary Member
I was in Gosport today, behind a Costa Coffee liveried lights god vehicle.

As normal I had puled out into the primary behind is as we approached a junction.

The vehicle indicated a left turn......and then there was an audible "This vehicle is turning" linked with the signal.

Now I know it does not deal with poor driving, and / or a failure to signal, but I thought it was actually a fair step in warning inexperienced cyclists not to undertake

Obviously that is why it's called a "god" vehicle! :thumbsup:

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member

This is wasted if the motorists starts to indicate when the turn has already begun, though. Australian motorists are experts at this, because they seem to think indicators only serve to confirm what you're already doing: the concept of "advance notice of your intentions" is lost on many drivers, here.

classic33

Leg End Member
This is wasted if the motorists starts to indicate when the turn has already begun, though. Australian motorists are experts at this, because they seem to think indicators only serve to confirm what you're already doing: the concept of "advance notice of your intentions" is lost on many drivers, here.
They use their indicators!

Now, now all we need to do is get more vehicles fitted with them. Its a positive start though.

Last edited:
OP
OP
U

ufkacbln

AS I said in the original post - it does not deal with poor driving.

However in yesterday's case the vehicle's intentions were absolutely clear and the warning clear and unambiguous

Top Bottom