Credit Crunch Chic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Pig

Greedo said:
Might of known you would have stuck your oar in again!

Snout, if you don't mind?

I've always disliked the saying, it's not personal. Yes, you can tell a lot about a man by his shoes but few of those things have anything to do with the quality of human being he is. I've known great men who wore nice shoes but the greatest are above caring.

I remember a guy at school getting the mick taken out of him because he was wearing Doc Martins that had been cut down to shoe size. Poor guy, I assume that his family couldn't afford to buy him new shoes.

I buy clothes when I need them. I very rarely buy clothes for any other reason and never to be fashionable. I'm too old to care! ;0)

Plax

Guru
Aint Skeered said:
My Dad informs anyone and everyone, that he used to have to wear cut down wellies to school.
Alternativly just take your cleats off when your not on the bike.

My god, do you have the same dad as me?! :biggrin:

Arch - have you also taken the liners out and put cardboard underneath to help with the hole issue?

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
i use gaffa tape to block the holes in my cycling shoes in winter. i'd recommend putting a layer of gaffa tape over the hole from the inside, as well as the outside.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
threebikesmcginty said:
Could be the start of something - next you'll be wheeling around everything you own in a shopping trolly, shouting at strangers and sleeping under a railway arch in a cardboard box!!

How do you think she got her user name?;):biggrin::biggrin:

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Mr Pig said:
Snout, if you don't mind?

I've always disliked the saying, it's not personal. Yes, you can tell a lot about a man by his shoes but few of those things have anything to do with the quality of human being he is. I've known great men who wore nice shoes but the greatest are above caring.

I remember a guy at school getting the mick taken out of him because he was wearing Doc Martins that had been cut down to shoe size. Poor guy, I assume that his family couldn't afford to buy him new shoes.

I buy clothes when I need them. I very rarely buy clothes for any other reason and never to be fashionable. I'm too old to care! ;0)

Way back in school (5th year) they used to take us ten pin bowling instead of doing P.E.

One poor lad, let's call him Dids, walked out with the bowling alley shoes on because they were better than his!

Times were hard, man.

Dan B

Disengaged member
"I cried because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet. So I stole his shoes"

Steven Wright, I think. The intarwebs will know

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Gerry Attrick said:
Shame on you Arch for using gaffer tape to repair your shoes. You should have used a p****ure patch:smile:

Actually, I planned to do that, but the hole is much bigger (a split really) than any of my patches. It was while searching for a bigger patch that I found the gaffer tape and realised it would work.

Plax: no liners, I've also applied a gaffer tape patch to the inside...

Threebikes: Shopping trolley!? You think I can afford the £1 coin for the deposit!?;)

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
Night Train said:
I have an old car inner tube you can stick on as a sole of you want. Also have an old car tyre if you wanted something with a tread on it.:evil:

you may be kidding but i have seen this done in indonesia for the kidz and i mean loads of em. apparently they cut a flip flop shape out of the tread and use the wire round the edge for the thongy bit, they look quite cool and comfy. they say they do this coz kidz are always losing they're good shoes if they are allowed to play in them

Top Bottom