Cricket - What has happened to the WIndies?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wolf04

Dayvo said:
They have indeed, Crock, and it's good to see that English-born Asians are making major inroads to the domestic game here, and getting the recognition they deserve at international level at all 'genres' of the game.

Back to Twenty20, even Shaun Udal is critical and cynical! See the last papagraph, or read the whole article, if interested.

http://content.cricinfo.com/england/content/story/406072.html
Good the sooner Twenty20 goes away the better.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Dayvo said:
I fully agree!

What next: World Cup beach cricket/back garden cricket? :biggrin:;)

I wouldn't bet against it. SKY showed beach cricket from Australia last year 'starring' Darren Gough and Mark Waughxx(

zimzum42

Legendary Member
rich p said:
I wouldn't bet against it. SKY showed beach cricket from Australia last year 'starring' Darren Gough and Mark Waughxx(
Come on, it wasn't so bad!!! I did the subtitling for it, was great fun.

You got to see Boony, Curtley and Courtney, Border, Smithy and Lamby, it was great. I don't think anyone was taking it too seriously, it was good to see those guys back out there, especially Gooch with his new barnet!

OP
OP
Y

yello

Okay, Curtley and Courtney - fair enough, that's their names... but why not Bordery? Come think of it, it should be Ambrosey and Walshy too! :biggrin:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
zimzum42 said:
Come on, it wasn't so bad!!! I did the subtitling for it, was great fun.

You got to see Boony, Curtley and Courtney, Border, Smithy and Lamby, it was great. I don't think anyone was taking it too seriously, it was good to see those guys back out there, especially Gooch with his new barnet!

It was dire!!!

Although I do remember that the subtitling was real quality and managed to lift the dross on the screen up from base level to BAFTA award status:biggrin:

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Now I know for sure you weren't watching the subtitles!!!!!

zimzum42

Legendary Member
It's the law, eventually all shows broadcast on UK tv will have to have subtitles. There might be some exceptions, but that's the idea...

Top Bottom