Critical mass - Birmingham

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

upandover

Guru
Hi,

Will anyone be going to the Critical Mass ride in Birmingham on friday?

I'm intending to go along. It will be my first group ride since I was about 14, and I'm looking forward to it. Will anyone else be around?

Cheers
Steve

OP
OP
upandover

upandover

Guru
I hadn't come across that film before. My google searches on Birmingham had given me the impression that it was fairly small and fairly respecting of traffic etc.

I'll have to think about it. I may pop into Birmingham and have a chat and look before hand. I'm not inclined to get into anything that intends to wind up drivers - it would just get me more wound up, and it can take me hours to calm down!

Steve

OP
OP
upandover

upandover

Guru
Just a note to say I went this evening and had a really fun time. Nice folk.

Uncertain about the concept. It was fun riding together, but in the centre a few drivers got very annoyed. I got the impression that those sounding off were the sort likely to be cutting me up anyway, but I wonder whether the experience would make people more or less likely to give me room on the way home. I imagine that with lots more people, it would have more of a rally feel for drivers.

Lots of fun though, and I didn't want to hide my face much! We visited a site-occupation protest about housing on Pershore Road. Really interesting evening.

Steve

Top Bottom