Cruel but I'd had enough

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
I have had a problem with one of my work collegues here in France. He makes continuous, what I can only describe as, pretty homophobic 'jokes' when I'm around and especially if there are groups of people around. I have bitten my tongue and the boss also knows but whether she has spoken to him I have no idea.

Today, I was given the task of driving him to Toulouse airport to catch his flight home to Holland. Halfway down the motorway, he starts up again.

I stop the car, in a cloud of smoke (nothing like a bit of drama:biggrin:) and head into the hard shoulder. I get out the car, open the boot, throw his bags onto the grass verge. I then open his door, undo his seatbelt, he was too surprised to react, and I grab him bodily and throw him onto the verge next to his bags. I jump back into the car, lock the doors and notice that his passport and travel wallet were on the floor. No problem, opened the sunroof and threw the wallet out. Then drove off.

I have just heard from the boss on the phone, who was really trying to be serious but was ready to burst into fits of laughter, that he arrived at Toulouse Blagnac 2 and a half hours late and had to pay KLM 215 Euros to get home as they wouldn't believe what happened to him.;):evil::biggrin::blush:

I wonder if he will come back at the end of August?:biggrin:

This thread needs a video.

Well, I don't think you could have done any less, considering. At least he completed his journey and learnt a salutary lesson. Well done: you delivered a strong message.

In my (big, multi-national) company, homophobic abuse (including verbal taunting) is a serious disciplinary issue, as is abuse on basis of race, religion, etc. etc. There is a phone line where you are supposed to confidentially report incidents and problems. I don't know what happens after that, however, since I don't know anyone who has used this line.

purplepolly said:
Well, I don't think you could have done any less, considering.
he should have driven off with the wallet
I said "less", not "more"! :biggrin:

Top Bottom