Cube Attempt 2010?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

carlos16

Hi all, im looking at purchasing a road bike after 3 years on a hybrid (trek 7.3) and ive found a second hand Cube attempt 2010 model on ebay (starting price £300) , does anyone have any experience with these? seems to be quite good spec to me , but was also considering a new triban 3 ,
any advice would be very much appreciated.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Looks like a good bike, and very clean. Original saddle, and great spec. However, it does say it's a 64cm frame, which puts in in XL categories. Are you very tall with long legs? Ask the seller to make sure the 64cm bit isn't a typo, but the seatstays appear to suggest it is a bike for a basketball player..... (love that colour by the way!) If you are that tall, then it's worth a punt. It was a £1k bike new, so bid accordingly.... Detective work shows that the seller is a bike enthusiast, his purchase history tells us a lot about his cycling, and it all looks reassuring.

The Triban 3 has a strong fan-base on here. It is very well equipped with quality parts, and is incredible value for money. This year's model is a bit lower spec than last year, but still an excellent bike at the price point.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Hi all, im looking at purchasing a road bike after 3 years on a hybrid (trek 7.3) and ive found a second hand Cube attempt 2010 model on ebay (starting price £300) , does anyone have any experience with these? seems to be quite good spec to me , but was also considering a new triban 3 ,
any advice would be very much appreciated.
PING

Goldcoast

Apparently Cubes come up a little smaller then other brands, I don't know if it's all models. I've got a 60cm Agree which is perfect for me, but going by sizing for other bikes I would probably be between 56/58.

OP
OP
carlos16

carlos16

Thks Cubist, yeah im 6 foot 5 and i contacted the seller and hes the same height, the problem is finding a bike when you are tall, local bike shop dont have any in to try etc , i have just noticed that decathlon have the 63cm triban 3 in stock to buy online which is very rare!. I have never actually heard of the attempt before, i assume they have dicontinued this model now as i couldnt find one new to compare prices with.

OP
OP
carlos16

carlos16

Is the red triban the old model and the cheaper white one the newer? £299 for red , £279 for white,see they also have 2 triban 5's now also!
Wonder why it says it only suitable for 30 to 60km! what happens to it after that?

D

Deleted member 23692

The Attempt is a great bike and very well specced for it's price. I'd expect it to go for a bit more than it's currently sitting at, as it's still quite a sought after 2nd hand buy.

Maybe because of this review - http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/bikes/road/product/review-cube-bikes-attempt-triple-11-43155

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I would go for the cube, especially considering your height. The Triban although a good bike cannot compete with the Cube, plus you might not get the large frame size.

D

Deleted member 23692

The frame size may well keep the price down (fingers crossed for you).

I was watching one (58cm) last year which end up up around at around £600, which was just outside my limit. I ended up with a 2011 Peloton - same frame but Tiagra group set.

D

Deleted member 23692

Yeah .. it's a lovely bike (to ride and look at!), and compliments my Cube MTB perfectly

_GRF1526_zps90915fcf.jpg

Any excuse to pic-whore :smile:

Top Bottom