Cultural mtb-ing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I had a spin on the South Downs today to see this Anish Kapoor sculpture. It's a 25' wide, 10' high semi-circular piece of shiny metal called the C-Curve. I don't think the pictures do it justice but it's pretty spectacular in real life!

DSCN2149.jpg

DSCN2161.jpg

Globalti

Legendary Member
The C-Curve, eh? Sounds like the G-Spot.

We've got a couple of weird sculptures around the delightful valley of Rossendale, accessible by MTB:

6464151-lg.jpg

singing_ringing_tree470_470x353.jpg

Globalti

Legendary Member
rich p said:
The second one is very good, RR. Does it have a name? Pipe dream, perhaps?

The spacecraft is called Halo and the pipe thingy is called The Singing Ringing Tree.

Globalti

Legendary Member
threebikesmcginty said:
I have no idea how to put photo into a post - I'm only young *cough*

I'm 53 and I can do it...! You need to find the actual URL or address of the picture itself, it's easy to do if you find a picture on Google Images. Copy it from the address bar and just paste it into your post in between
with no spaces.

Sometimes if you see a picture in an article you can find the original URL of the picture by right clicking on it and selecting properties. I hope that's right!

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
image002.gif

Ta-da!!

He can be taught - thanks RR :smile:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Rigid Raider said:
and the pipe thingy is called The Singing Ringing Tree.

Does it make a noise like pan pipes in the wind?

Ooh, there's a challenge, organise the pipes of different lengths so that you could tell wind direction by pitch....

Maz

Guru
threebikesmcginty said:
image002.gif

Ta-da!!

He can be taught - thanks RR :wacko:
I've been to this place...it's somewhere near Oxford, isn't it? When I went there was no silver apple sculpture, though.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Arch, that's exactly what it does.

It's designed to drown the sound of the miserable Burnley folk moaning about their late Giros, compensation, maintenance, and all the other payments they receive.

Top Bottom