Cycle model

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
D

Dimples 6890

Regular
That's a Claud Butler Cape Wrath from after they closed their factory in Britain and became an importer of Chinese made bikes. £99.99 new at DW Sports around 2003ish.

Here's the thing though - the aftermarket bits would have easily cost you more than £50 new, and it's had little use. So you weren't ripped off! If you're using it, £140 is a perfectly fair price for a bike that will give you many years of reliable transport. I'd buy it if I needed a mountain bike.

Ive spent about £100 on the upgrade, new wheel, chainset and rear cogs. Rear derailleur broke around same time too. Worth it to make it my ride.

Well, there you go. £240 is maybe five tanks of petrol for a car? Utter bargain.

Drago

Legendary Member
Iv'e found a few Wraths and they're no the same. Different shape and size tubing.

The frame changed almost every year, and there were several differnt CWs with different frames and spec levels in the same year on some model years.

It's a Cape Wrath.

OP
OP
D

Dimples 6890

Regular
The frame changed almost every year, and there were several differnt CWs with different frames and spec levels in the same year on some model years.

It's a Cape Wrath.

OK, good to know, thanks. I'll hunt to see if I can find my particular one.

OP
OP
D

Dimples 6890

Regular
They are still making them today, Wrath XC for £699. I'll check out the link, cheers

Drago

Legendary Member
The later ones from about 2009 onwards are a different beast. Hydroformed 7005 frames from a reputable source in Taiwan, Deore geartrain, hydro stoppers, a general attempt to make a more serious machine. The only thing these later models have in common ie the name,

OP
OP
D

Dimples 6890

Regular
The later ones from about 2009 onwards are a different beast. Hydroformed 7005 frames from a reputable source in Taiwan, Deore geartrain, hydro stoppers, a general attempt to make a more serious machine. The only thing these later models have in common ie the name,

Of course, it's all about getting money from servicing these days

Top Bottom