Cycle parking at the NEC

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
graham bowers
I got this reply:

Dear Graham,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding cycle parking at The NEC.
Currently, there are 9 dedicated cycle bays by the entrance to East 1 car park, and bays between Hall 1 and the Pavilion. There are also railings around site which may be suitable for use, providing that no obstruction is caused to pedestrian walkways or internal roads. As with all vehicles, parking is at owner’s risk and the securing of a bicycle is the owner’s responsibility.

You may find a map of The NEC site useful to you in planning your journey. A copy of this map can be found on our website by using the following link:-

http://www.thenec.co.uk/media/3161/site-map.pdf

I hope that you find this information helpful, and we look forward to welcoming you to our venue.

Kind regards

Profpointy

Legendary Member
wow - what a sensible reply - actually suggesting you use any old raillings providing you don't cause a nuisance. I'm rather impressed that someone "official" is prepared to be pragmatic and helpfull and put it in writing

OP
OP
graham bowers
Well, not sure why it won't open for you. Try this:
www.police.uk
Click on Find your neighbourhood in the menu at the top of the page.
Input the postcode B401NT
Drill down to your heart's content.

Drago

Legendary Member
Could be some kind of Kindle deficiency. I'll try on a big pooter.

But then the comparison starts to slip when one considers Ashbys population is mainly resident, and the NECs is transient, often from abroad, and th HMICs own concerns over under reporting. After all, if your car has been screwed will you remain at the NEC until 8am the next morning to see the Dibble?

And does Ashby have a large, dedicated, uniformed security force patrolling? The NEC does, and despite that doesn't compare favourably.

OP
OP
graham bowers
I wasn't intending to do a rigorous study that took account of all pertinent factors and could yield supportable conclusions, merely a quick look-see. It does seem that the NEC gets lots of car crime though, and I agree with the likelihood under-reporting. But that probably applies the world over to a greater or lesser extent. I doubt a raleigh twenty shopper would attract too much of the wrong sort of interest and that's probably what I'd use, £13.87's worth of anybody's money!

At the end of the day the weather will probably dictate my form of transport. And since I'm going to the Drone Show, am probably public-enemy-number-one-and-deserve-everything-I-get, if the "popular" press are to be believed.................. :-))

Top Bottom