Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm an elf

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • I'm an athiest, but quite like receiving presents

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • I'm a wrapping paper manufacturer and love crimbo

Votes: 2 4.5%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Commercialized for far too long.
A chance for stores to get rid of things they've been unable to sell earlier, whilst convincing you that only product "X" will see your Christmas run smoothly/will make your Christmas perfect.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Far too commercial and celebrating something with no concrete evidence of the exact date but at least a way of getting families together.

mustang1

Guru
Xmas is a mix of church, shopping, presents, friends and family, getting together. For many it's taking a break from work but also for others that still have to work. It's a mix and match from the above list.

For me, it's all of the above. Oh, and the sales. Oh yeah, it's also a time to celebrate when the days start to get longer and celebrating with food and drink.

It's also a very stressful time for many as they fall over themselves trying to meet other people's expectations.

So then, a thought to everyone and a merry Xmas to you all!

Edit: one day I'll post something without my typos.

Last edited:

johnnyb47

Guru
I don't really enjoy it now that I'm single.Years ago I would look forward to it all ,but nowadays I just see it as commercial excersise.I watch people in the shops getting all stressed about what to buy there loves ones,the huge queues at the tills and the general hyper drive society goes into running up to it.I don't even bother putting Christmas decorations up..

I do however like meet up with old friends and have a catch up over the holidays and to just generally chill out for a few days whilst off from work.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I love it, or used to. It was all about time with my grandparents and immediate family, plus some aunts and uncles. Since I left home, and since my grandparents died, it's not been the same. My son is not that fussed apart from the presents part. But it's still a nice time of the year and a welcome break from work, even though I'm working between Xmas and new year.

Top Bottom