Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm an elf

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • I'm an athiest, but quite like receiving presents

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • I'm a wrapping paper manufacturer and love crimbo

Votes: 2 4.5%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Love it for the kids but it has become an out of control spend fest .
The grandkids have more stuff from last year than we could have ever imagined as kids of the 70s, let alone what they're going to get this year.
If I'm asked, what do I want for Xmas ?....oh I don't know, socks and underpants, save me buying them.

So this year, my wife and myself agreed, no Xmas present and we will treat ourselves to a day or weekend out in the spring.
My biggest worry was that my wife would break the vow and I'd end up with something and she didn't. I needn't have worried, we both stuck to our word.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Love it for the kids but it has become an out of control spend fest .
The grandkids have more stuff from last year than we could have ever imagined as kids of the 70s, let alone what they're going to get this year.
If I'm asked, what do I want for Xmas ?....oh I don't know, socks and underpants, save me buying them.

So this year, my wife and myself agreed, no Xmas present and we will treat ourselves to a day or weekend out in the spring.
My biggest worry was that my wife would break the vow and I'd end up with something and she didn't. I needn't have worried, we both stuck to our word.

Did you know the person your wife spent the day with ??

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I get 2 christmases. Evening of the 24th for Danish Christmas and the 25th for English Christmas. We spend the 24th with Jannies family and the 25th with my brother and his family. 2 Christmas dinners and 2 lots of presents.

There are never any arguements or disagreements. Its like a 1950s Christmas movie on both days. With more laughs.

Yesterday, Jannies brother cooked a duck dinner for 7 people. There was enough food for 14. Beautifully cooked. We had a great time.

Today, we go to my brothers house. He has said he has decorated my place at the table with personalised Christmas lights. 😀

20231224_181927.jpg

20231224_181738.jpg

20231224_182210.jpg

Screenshot_20231225_081405_Facebook.jpg

DogmaStu

I enjoy Christmas. We aren't religious in the slightest but welcome the celebration of Family.

For us, it is a day for immediate Family to come together and celebrate with a good meal, laughter and gifts for one another.

We have always had our main course on the Eve but this year it is on both. Last night we were at my sister's with my niece and her family and today it is home with my Partner's brother and her son's coming over.

We had the full works Lamb roast last night - with a Durban curry included! Today is Goose and lamb and all the trimmings.

A7BC8ACE-AE95-4E03-B414-6B4A718980D3.jpeg

C0D7A7F7-E5F3-4CD3-81DA-E1EE18EEDDB1.jpeg

62142C7E-D57E-41CC-886D-FC2249CE0337.jpeg

8A35F477-7D57-408A-8B09-B56D8746F1D4.jpeg

2AE478C1-03A5-4027-A916-2E6E9EC0494D.jpeg

30E908D5-A38C-494E-BE1A-5BB77469C760.jpeg

dicko

Guru
76 for me also.
I live in a close and it's ideal for kids to try their bikes or roller skates........I, honestly, woke up wondering if I would see any this year.
Great minds etc.

We live in a Close too and it’s ideal and safe for young children on bicycle 🚲 and scooter's 🛴

gbb

Legendary Member
Well, a great day was had at our elder sons. Full Xmas Dinner, a couple hours messing and playing games with the grand daughters (18, 13 and 9)
Our 18 yo granddaughter has just got back from walking up Snowdon with her BF over the weekend, hearing her enjoyment at experiencing new things is a joy in itself.
A perfect way to spend the day.

It's also occurred to me, the amount of rubbish we eat at Xmas....
My arthritis hasn't been too bad this last few months. The last week, I've been indulging in free takeaway at work several times, a takeaway at home, more alcohol than normal ( although not much, I hardly drink ) plus other treats etc...my hips are killing me, inflammation probably excebated by processed food and alcohol.
Back on sensible food for the most part, see if it eases off.

Top Bottom