Cycling Bell-ends

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
One concession I have made recently is buying yellow eye shades to tone down the w*nkpanzer and other new cars retina burning lights. Also some cyclists have no clue how to position the front light either.

I would spot a front or rear light of a bike long long before I spot the figure on a bike in the night. No amount of bright or reflective wear is better than the lights.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Absolute blanket fog where I was today. No legal requirement for bike lights but you know who stood out in the gloom? Cyclists dressed in black.

(Also saw Father Christmas, about twenty or so reindeer and Scooby-Doo cycling around the Hope valley but I may have been hallucinating)

winjim

Smash the cistern
Real bikes have lights bolted on.
So? You're still not required to light it in the fog.

winjim

Smash the cistern

Solocle

Über Member
The driver of course.

And as the OP said, it would be the driver at fault if he hit the cyclist.

Though having said that, if it was an unlit road, then a car driver parking on the carriageway without lights would have been acting illegally, just as the cyclist was by riding without lights.
Just to note that this is incorrect. It's a road with a speed limit greater than 30 mph that requires lighting, irrelevant of street lighting. See rule 249 and 250.

OP
OP
S

Scotty55

I see the OP / troll hasn’t been back.
I've been back plenty of times. I'd not intended this to become a trolling or argumentative thread, just letting off some steam about the difficulty of seeing a cyclist at night all in black with no lights in the dark presents to a motorist (me, in this case).

Each to his or her own.

Top Bottom