Cycling downhill fast

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sallar55

Veteran
I have crashed on this twice,one was a hospital visit. 18 year old bike and I still ride it .Small outfit with good quality control and a unique carbon fibre layup.

1000017384.jpg

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I have crashed on this twice,one was a hospital visit. 18 year bike old and I still ride it .Small outfit with good quality control and a unique carbon fibre layup.

View attachment 714976

It’s not the only thing you’ve done twice 🤔 😉

grldtnr

My trike feels quite stable at 48mph, I wish my anus could be the same 💩

... Just scream if you want to go faster! Are you a laid back , low down layabout triker like me?
Nothing like trying to keep it rubber side down at that speed, known to be giggling like a maniac on fast descents......... something wrong with me , perhaps!

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I've done around 50mph downhill on every bike I own.
I've not really noticed much difference in terms of stability, except that the Brompton was rather more twitchy.
Not exactly what you want at underwear-endangering speeds, but I didn't die.

Roadrat77

I have a Bianchi Via Nirone with carbon front forks and tend to stay sub-60kmh on a descent and check them regularly. I had my one and only speed wobble on a fast descent and I hope to god it never happens again. The number of possibilities that go through the mind in about 5 seconds is remarkable - and one of them is the Fork disintegrating.

Last edited:

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
I have crashed on this twice,one was a hospital visit. 18 year old bike and I still ride it .Small outfit with good quality control and a unique carbon fibre layup.

View attachment 714974

It seems that Time and Look are distinct from every other manufacturer in terms of their understanding of composites along with quality of design, manufacture and inspection. If you've crashed it I'd definitely be getting it ultrasonically inspected for peace of mind however as everything has its limit!

grldtnr

My sacariest descent was from Hawes up in the dales, had camping gear aboard and wearing an old school Cape, what did for me was the cape suddenly flipped over my head, my vision obscured there was nothing i could fo except emergency brake thankfully it was a long straight descent, was i came to conytolled stop, took the cape of my face, regained my composure, i carried on to my pitch..
Next day I rode up to the top of the hill on a bridle way ,just to do the drop all over sgain.
This time without cape !QUOTE="wafter, post: 7189228, member: 100848"]
It seems that Time and Look are distinct from every other manufacturer in terms of their understanding of composites along with quality of design, manufacture and inspection. If you've crashed it I'd definitely be getting it ultrasonically inspected for peace of mind however as everything has its limit!
[/QUOTE]

Top Bottom