Cycling Log Ticker problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

al-fresco

Growing older but not up...
Hi, I've had a cycling log ticker in my signature for about 3 years and never had a problem before (except when cycling log wasn't updating) but at the weekend I decided to change my yearly mileage goal and I haven't been able to get the ticker to show at all.

I followed the support instructions, copied the sample link:

ticker.php?user=USERNAME&group=cyclechat&distance=000000&units=b.png

(which doesn't display properly here!) into TextEdit, amended the username and distance and cut and pasted it back into the signature field as usual but all I got was the 'missing image' symbol. Leaving it for 12 hours or so made no difference.

I did notice that when I paste the link in I'm having to click on 'save changes' twice before getting the confirmation "Your changes have been saved" and I'm wondering if this is re-introducing some formatting.

I'm using OS X Yosemite and Safari.

OP
OP
al-fresco

al-fresco

Growing older but not up...
Oh wait... sorry - just a case of sheer stupidity - problem solved.

pauldavid

Veteran
Hi all

I have updated my ticker mileage and it now doesn't appear in my sig line for some reason.

I've double checked the link entered is correct and it looks ok as per the example in Shauns thread but still doesn't show.

Can anyone offer advice please (bear in mind that I am a technical incompetent if giving me instructions:crazy:)

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
You've just inserted into your sig wrong, as far as I can see.

ticker.php?user=pauldavid&group=cyclechat&distance=3660&units=b.png

Try

Code:
[ATTACH=full]307100[/ATTACH]

Thanks for doing this., this has helped me too.

@Shaun The "How To" section still refers to locks random web services and I could not get that to work at all ?

Attachments

• ticker.php?user=pauldavid&group=cyclechat&distance=3660&units=b.png
    ticker.php?user=pauldavid&group=cyclechat&distance=3660&units=b.png
    2.2 KB · Views: 72
Top Bottom