Cycling Photo Challenge - Entries and Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I went out for a ride to a specific place to get this photo.... a church - turned up and noticed lots of cars mid-week....hmm. Then before I could shift the funeral party came out ... so I scarpered and did an little loop before returning. Then when I went around to the other side of the church instead of a lovely clear shot of the bridge it was almost lost in the dazzle. So this is it I'm afraid.

And just a view of the bridge....

The bridge is there in the photo - if you look at the horizon - honest!!!

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
As ever - it's a pity we can only have one winner....

Summerdays, for the dramatic silhouette shot (the bridge IS there, and this IS a cycling forum, after all!).

Many good pics there - Rickshaw Phil nearly got the prize for the most historic bridge (must visit it someday!), and ditto Muddyfox for the greenest canal I've ever seen!

Edit - and I meant to say, Pat's blue bridge was very nice, too.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Wow - thanks - the photo didn't turn out the way I was intending ... I was last at that spot when the weather was nice and sunny and the days warmer. It's delightfully named "Cowhill" :laugh:

Now I need to think!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Ok I've been thinking and I've decided that there are a number of celebrations around this time of year .... Burn's Night (I know just been), Chinese New Year, and Valentine's Day. So the challenge is a photo of a celebration event preferably containing a bike. It could even be a birthday or Veloday (@coffeejo) event. And given I've mentioned Valentine's Day the closing date will be about 15 th Feb though you don't have to take the photo on the specific date. Get snapping!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Okay, here's my effort this month...

First one is me celebrating my first mtb ride of the year gangnam style...

IMAG0013_zps43f02e8e.jpg

...and this one, more of a commemoration, on the Indian War Memorial, the Chattri

IMAG0014_zps28758c9d.jpg

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Gangnam style!!!??? - you are a nobber rich, but I like you!

Biscuit

Legendary Member
Looking forward to the next Challenge, as I'm off work for a while, and have a new camera. We extending this one or does Rich P win by default? :-)

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
OK you have to the end of the day to come up with other photo or Rich P wins (though I have to admit to liking the Gangnam style one anyway:laugh: )

Biscuit

Legendary Member
Me too. I would love to know if anyone saw him take that shot, some random walker perhaps. ^_^
I won't get a chance to enter anything today tho. Shame!

Top Bottom