Cycling Photo Challenge - Entries and Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RWright

Guru
@RWright for the Chatham Courthouse. for a number of reasons. Lovely lighting, interesting story and my best friend from school lives just down the road!
Over to you Wrighty:thumbsup:

I forgot to ask, does your friend live in Pittsboro? It has grown a lot since I was a kid but still a small town. I don't live there anymore but still work out of there with my brother. But right off hand the only British person I can think of (there could be many more) that lives in that immediate area is a Master Potter. He has a farm on the edge of town and a big kiln, where he teaches the craft and does three pottery offerings a year or something like that. It is a very cool set up he has.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I forgot to ask, does your friend live in Pittsboro? It has grown a lot since I was a kid but still a small town. I don't live there anymore but still work out of there with my brother. But right off hand the only British person I can think of (there could be many more) that lives in that immediate area is a Master Potter. He has a farm on the edge of town and a big kiln, where he teaches the craft and does three pottery offerings a year or something like that. It is a very cool set up he has.
He lives in Durham, NC. I'm due to visit him soon if I can get away.

P.H

Über Member
A short ride today for a long pub lunch, proper cycling! A small diversion home along the Trent & Mersey canal. Just a couple of miles to Swarkeston, that was enough in the snow ice and mud. Swarkeston has a place in history as being the furthest point South that the forces of Bonnie Prince Charles held, before turning round and heading home to Scotland.
8587341542_b543b36615_c.jpg

8586238925_1c30d16cba_c.jpg

8587345822_defc146000_c.jpg

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
My not very good efforts on the Taunton-Bridgwater canal this afternoon. This male and his mate have already made their nest and I spent ages standing there, waiting to get a good shot of her but funnily enough, she was objecting to the horribly cold wind and simply stuck her beak under her wing and refused to pose.

A bit further along the canal, I spotted her other half. He was initially quite keen on posing but then realised that I wasn't going to pay him with bread or corn, so made his feelings quite clear.

Ruffled feathers: a high maintenance model.
IMG_7881 (800x533).jpg

Just to prove I had the bike - a blurry shot of the wheel.
IMG_7882 (800x534).jpg

RWright

Guru
Ok, I just got up and checked the time stamps, everything seems to be in order. ;)

I need a few minutes to go back through the photos. Some nice late entries.

RWright

Guru
ALL the entries are great. I don't know what it is about canal pictures like these that I like so much but they are great. I guess because there is nothing like them in my area. I have seen some canals in Florida and around the beach area here but they just don't seem the same to me, kind of hard to explain I guess. Maybe it is that the ones I have seen here are mostly used for leisure or fishing boats. I also did not know about the beautiful birds living in them.

This is a very hard decision, I could feel fine about saying any of the entries were the winner, they all really captured the essence of the canals perfectly from what I was hoping to see, I really do enjoy looking at all of them. I wish I could just pick all of you the winner but since I have to pick. I pick:
8587341542_b543b36615_c.jpg

Congratulations PH !

P.H

Über Member
Congratulations PH !

Well thank you:smile:

For the next one*, how about something we all have? I was thinking "Bike Parking" from the clever to the artistic to the plain functional, or just a chance to show your bike off. Whether it's at home, work, shopping wherever you like, if that's where you park your bike, it qualifies. Lets see them...

* Without me reading through 115 pages, can someone tell me how long each challenge goes on for? I see it's changed since the OP
EDIT - See below, closing date Sunday 21st April

Top Bottom