Cycling to Frome turned me vegetarian

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

liambauckham

Über Member
I've been a bit behind with my edits lately but here is the latest ride on my video diary. I take "Pete" on the Bristol ring road bath, bristol to bath path, 2 tunnels and then Radstock to Frome. Cracking route with a few hills in between.

If you do like it please consider subscribing to my channel

cheers

View: https://youtu.be/cdkpCJoJ5mM

Last edited:

3narf

For whom the bell dings
Great! We have friends in Frome who are vegans. They do a lot of cycling too.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Thanks Liam, I enjoyed that.

I have just bought myself a roadbike and am looking forward to seeing what the speed difference is.

Did the vet do the business with the bird?

OP
OP
liambauckham

liambauckham

Über Member
Cheers yeah I think they gassed it. The speed difference is immense! Pete is about 12 years old and 11kg so not even a super slick carbon job. I can only describe it as getting out of a fiesta and into a ferrari.

Wafer

Veteran
Eh, just seems like the people there have a high regard for themselves...
Not sure if the independent town council has survived but a few years ago there did seem to be a particular drive on various 'arts', making a big deal of a few poorly run venues and being quite cliquey.

OP
OP
liambauckham

liambauckham

Über Member
ha ha yeah I grew up in somerset and lived in the area for a chunk of time. I couldnt agree more ;-)

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Great video. Can you fix the rather abrupt sound level difference about 6 minutes in, please?

And always carry lights at this time of year. It doesn't take much of a mechanical problem to push you past dusk.

OP
OP
liambauckham

liambauckham

Über Member
sure will take a look. The vid was shot beginning of october so it was still reasonable at about 6:30pm. I've just been so busy with work lately ive had sod all time to get these edits done. I've my first 90miler coming up next

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Enjoyed watching that. Do you have a gpx track for the route?

I would like to drive across and ride it .good luck on 90 miler. On the subject of food , vege or not you will need to be getting extra calories during the ride now your up to longer distances.

OP
OP
liambauckham

liambauckham

Über Member
thanks mate. I use an app called map my run and the routes are included in the video descriptions. Yeah i've enjoyed eating tonnes whilst riding distances. The only time i can justify eating a massive slab of cake.

I'd be up for joining you if you need the company.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Cheers.Found the route now.
Be great to do a ride in company though you may find my pace a bit slow. Probably be in the spring time before I get around to it so will let you know before hand. :okay:

Top Bottom