Cyclist Collides with Mercedes in Iver

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cubist

Still wavin'
All this if talk about helmets...?

It always revolves around the cyclist.....well if the Merc driver had chosen to go earlier/later/catch a bus or ride a bike it also wouldn't have happened.

If my Uncle Bob had been born a girl he'd have been my Auntie Margaret.

OP - Hope the rider's ok.
I've always had my suspicions about my Auntie Margaret. She never married you know......

format

Über Member
OP can you describe the incident a bit more clearly? I must be wrong, but it seems like you are saying the Merc pulled out of a side street onto the main road and cyclist failed to stop. Shouldn't the car have waited til the cyclist was clear?

I have a feeling I'm not picking it up right, though.

OP
OP
LutherB

LutherB

OP can you describe the incident a bit more clearly? I must be wrong, but it seems like you are saying the Merc pulled out of a side street onto the main road and cyclist failed to stop. Shouldn't the car have waited til the cyclist was clear?

I have a feeling I'm not picking it up right, though.

Sorry, i know i would be rubbish in court!

The main road from the side street is slightly obscured on the right hand side as you come out, so the Merc had to put it's nose out to be able to see traffic coming from the right. He did, saw the cyclist & stopped. I was walking up the Merc's left, could see the cyclist's helmet approaching the Merc. If it was a snub nosed car, cyclist could've swerved in time to avoid the collision I think.

It wasn't clear cut who was at fault really, the car seemed stationary for long enough as the cyclist approached for him to brake or swerve in time, which makes me think he was looking elsewhere, pulled his brakes at the last second to go over the handlebars.

format

Über Member
Sorry, i know i would be rubbish in court!

The main road from the side street is slightly obscured on the right hand side as you come out, so the Merc had to put it's nose out to be able to see traffic coming from the right. He did, saw the cyclist & stopped. I was walking up the Merc's left, could see the cyclist's helmet approaching the Merc. If it was a snub nosed car, cyclist could've swerved in time to avoid the collision I think.

It wasn't clear cut who was at fault really, the car seemed stationary for long enough as the cyclist approached for him to brake or swerve in time, which makes me think he was looking elsewhere, pulled his brakes at the last second to go over the handlebars.

Thanks for the clarification :smile:

OP
OP
LutherB

LutherB

I know Iver very well, and ride through frequently, where exactly did it take place?

Corner of Ashford Road onto Thornbridge Road, just before the Co-Op

Kies

Busy area around there. I tend to stay away from it and use the Slough road between the black horse and 5 ways roundabout

OP
OP
LutherB

LutherB

Busy area around there. I tend to stay away from it and use the Slough road between the black horse and 5 ways roundabout

It is, the Co-Op & chemist generates a lot of traffic. I'm on Seven Hills Road and take my dog across the Heath when i want to use the shops, the cars come too fast along Denham Road for me to turn right onto it on my bike from the bottom of Seven Hills Road.

Tommy2

Über Member
I had a call from a customer pricing up an anti roll bar bush for his Merc yesterday, he said he hit a cyclist (and blamed him!!!) must have gone under the car to damage an anti roll bar bush :sad:

OP
OP
LutherB

LutherB

He did call to let me know he's out of hospital; has a broken elbow and will be wearing a neck brace for next 8 weeks or so. He said his bike ( Specialized Roubaix ) was ok too hehehe.

Top Bottom