Cyclist dies after collision with pedestrian: St Andrews

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
From the BBC:

A cyclist has died of head injuries after colliding with a pedestrian in St Andrews on Friday afternoon.

The 63-year-old woman was cycling on Bridge Street at about 15:50 when she collided with a man on foot.

The pair both fell onto the road near to the junction with Kinnessburn Road. The woman suffered serious head injuries and died in hospital.

The man was not seriously injured but left the scene before police arrived and officers are trying to trace him.
GC

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
R.I.P

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I know you don't mean it, but there's a bias in that phrase, "did a runner". Can we just say "left"?

RIP

I was about to argue the point, but if (and it is an if) the ambulance carted the lady off, then I guess the pedestrian would quite reasonable wander off home

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
"The man was not seriously injured but left the scene before police arrived and officers are trying to trace him."
Sounds to me like he did a runner! Leaving a person so badly injured after playing a part in that person's death is beyond contempt!

Well, I'm glad you people have perfect knowledge. We don't know when the police were called, how long the other person stayed at the scene. It's quite possible he waited until she was attended by the ambulance - she'd have been pretty quickly rushed away - and then went home to tend to his own wounds. If passersby didn't think to call the police, they may have arrived half an hour or more after the collision, the pedestrian may not have even known they were coming.

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/scotland/cyclist-dies-in-pedestrian-crash-1.410286
In particular we would like to speak with the male pedestrian involved in the collision. We would like to stress this is just to assist with our inquiry.

sidevalve

Über Member
This is pathetic - swap the words pedestrian for car and their would be a baying for blood and calls for a hanging. Here is a fact , the cyclist was the VEHICLE involved in this accident. The pedestrian involved may have sustained injuries of which we seem to care not a bit accusing him of being a criminal and "doing a runner" and almost of causing the accident. Get over it - we are all happy enough to blame elderly and infirm car drivers but not so keen if it may be a cyclist.
Accept it cyclists DO have responsibilities and they DO make mistakes. As usual we do NOT have any facts but there are those who are trying to shift the blame to the pedestrian. Had this been a car and not a bike I doubt if there would have been such a thought.

Top Bottom