Cyclist Down - A560 Junction Bredbury Stockport

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Looks like driver was going to do an illegal U-turn?

My guess - unlicensed taxi.

Looke like you handled the situation very well. :thumbsup:

Nothing wrong with shouting at some numpty through their window too.

Totally agree I was just curious as I wouldn't be taking lane 2 without good reason so I assumed there was one but it asn't clear from image or description.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The car is on the insurance database fortunately. I can only think an illegal u-turn.

I'm going home before rush hour tonight - will stop me throttling someone !

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Totally agree I was just curious as I wouldn't be taking lane 2 without good reason so I assumed there was one but it asn't clear from image or description.

The only thing I can think was that the cyclist was going quite quickly, and there are three lanes at the junction, two straight on and one to turn right. The cyclist had been filtering correctly and there was a big gap in the traffic - I can only think that the car has come up his inside and turned. It all went horribly wrong in a split second.

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
nicely handled fossy, ive helped out when a motorcyclist went through a drivers side window before and the car driver started off really quite then got quite agressive so the drivers reaction is on par (will either get really agressive/defensive or silence) fair play on staying there etc too, i dont think many people would stop and help out, cyclists or not!

GetAGrip

Still trying to look cool and not the fool HA
Clicking like seems wrong on this, so well done you, and I hope the chap makes a good recovery soon. What an idiot motorist.
I also hung over the like button, but it didn't quite feel right to press it. So again as above, I hope the cyclist makes a quick recovery and I'm sure he's grateful for the fact that you are a generous and caring human being!!

Leodis

Veteran
hope he gets better soon and a stiff one at home.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

I'm glad he's OK too - he'll feel it in the morning though.

Would love a good drink tonight - wife might not be too happy as I had one last night. :wacko: Was feeling low this morning before the accident as I've been made promises of information from a 'barrister' and it's not materialised and it's not looking like I'll get that for a few more days (info. relating to my accident claim). I suppose a few more days won't make much difference to three years !

My initial reaction was to stop and go to the cyclist's defense as many drivers will just 'f' off. Fortunately this chap did stop - I think he was shocked as he faffed about with his phone when I said call an ambulance - so I went back to my bike and grabbed my phone - fortunately it was on (smart phones take time to boot) so I called. It's funny how you go into auto pilot - stopped the other cyclist from moving the bike until the police got there, and same with the cyclist - he wasn't really with it. I supose some of it is bitter experience (no-one stopped for my accident) and reading forums like Cycle Chat - you just know what to do.

Always call the cops and ambulance out, don't be a 'hard man' !

potsy

Rambler
Nothing to add other than to say 'well done' fossy, and hope the guy is Ok and can get back on the bike asap.
Only cycle that road very occasionally and never in 'rush hour' but I imagine it's a very busy place to be.

Top Bottom