Cyclist Down - Horsham

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
My dear, dear friend and riding buddy Chris passed away at lunchtime today as a result of what was assumed, by the attending paramedics, to be a massive coronary suffered whilst out on a solo ride. He was only 50, a gentle gentleman, and one of the most solid and decent mates you could ever ask for, on and off a bike.

He leaves a wife and two children, one in their twenties, one in their early teens.

Rest in peace Chris, we are going to miss you. I'm gutted.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Very sorry to read this @GrumpyGregry

RIP Chris and best wishes to his family and friends.

ScotiaLass

Guru
My dear, dear friend and riding buddy Chris passed away at lunchtime today as a result of what was assumed, by the attending paramedics, to be a massive coronary suffered whilst out on a solo ride. He was only 50, a gentle gentleman, and one of the most solid and decent mates you could ever ask for, on and off a bike.

He leaves a wife and two children, one in their twenties, one in their early teens.

Rest in peace Chris, we are going to miss you. I'm gutted.
I am so sorry :sad:
Thinking of you, and of course his family.

Peteaud

Veteran
My condolences as well.

RIP Chris.

OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I discovered this afternoon that the driver who placed the 999 call on finding Chris, who was still astride his bike on the verge when found, was my daughter's best friend's mother.

The bypassers who stopped, who included my GP, did all they could, as did the emergency services, and air ambulance crew but it seems likely Chris felt unwell, stopped, undid his helmet, and was dead before he hit the ground.

Our small Church-based informal cycling club, which Chris co-founded with me, plan to memorialise Chris by a very long ride (100 mile plus) visiting a couple of brewery taps, he loved his real ale and craft beer, en route.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I discovered this afternoon that the driver who placed the 999 call on finding Chris, who was still astride his bike on the verge when found, was my daughter's best friend's mother.

The bypassers who stopped, who included my GP, did all they could, as did the emergency services, and air ambulance crew but it seems likely Chris felt unwell, stopped, undid his helmet, and was dead before he hit the ground.

Our small Church-based informal cycling club, which Chris co-founded with me, plan to memorialise Chris by a very long ride (100 mile plus) visiting a couple of brewery taps, he loved his real ale and craft beer, en route.
That ride sounds like a brilliant ride to celebrate his life.

Top Bottom