Cyclist down - North Manchester

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Jeeez!!!!

Speedy recovery to your missus.

Lisa21

Mooching.............
;) jeez thats awful. Hope she makes a full recovery and Im sure Father Christmas will replace her jacket and pink top;) And maybe bike too:biggrin:

Look after yourselves :biggrin:

Plax

Guru
I hope your girlfriend will be okay and makes a speedy recovery in time for the Christmas festivities. It's good to know that the driver is at least showing some concern by calling the hospital to see how she is. Virtual pint to the HMP Strangeways fella. You could always ask the police if they could ask him if you could have his details to say thanks.

Ouch! :biggrin: Best wishes to you both.

Keep us informed her recovery. I am sure she will recover well and it is always nice to hear when all ends well (or as well as it can).

OvertheHill

Über Member
Mate - so sorry - hope she has a speedy recovery

I drove past at 7-45 (in the car on Mondays due to football after work) and saw the ambulance and the bent up bike. I thought it looked a bad impact by the shape of the front wheel but assumed it wasn't serious because the ambulance was still there when I looked out of the office window 20 mins later. How wrong you can be. Again, best wishes

That sounds really nasty! Best wishes Matty to your GF for a speedy and complete recovery. But don't get too worried, they can do marvellous things with spinals these days!

I used to know an old guy who broke his neck not once but three times, and each time made a full recovery and resumed a fit and active life till he was in his 70s. He was a farmer and all the injuries were farming-related: one of them was from being charged by an angry bull :biggrin:. And all this was long before the days of modern neurosurgery...

You talk of the motorist "trying to get through the gap in traffic". Was your GF filtering past a stationary line, perchance? Not trying to shift the blame, of course, the motorist was still at fault, but still, we all like to learn...

OvertheHill said:
but assumed it wasn't serious because the ambulance was still there when I looked out of the office window 20 mins later.
Don't assume that, ever. Ambulances are no longer 'scoop and run' vehicles whose only purpose is to get you to hospital ASAP. Nowadays the paramedics will spend as long as it takes, stabilising the patient before they pick them up. Half the work on saving the patient's life should have already been done before the patient reaches A&E. And ambulances carry all the full resusc. gear. Hopefully it wasn't needed this time.

Top Bottom