Cyclist down - North Manchester

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
eatmydust said:
hey guys! I'M home at last! (Mrs Matty)
Jax
xxx

YAY!!!

Great to hear you are home and clearly in good spirits. I'm so pleased for the both of you.

Christmas has come early in the Matty household.

Psst...Jax, if you work this right, you could be up for a ton of pampering!! you can't miss this opportunity, I can see it now..."luv pass the chocholate..I cant I HAVE A BROKEN NECK REMEMBER!!...now get your own";)

oh... and bonus....warm neck all winter, those braces are really snug!!!

Take care and all the best.

eatmydust

OvertheHill said:
Mate - so sorry - hope she has a speedy recovery

I drove past at 7-45 (in the car on Mondays due to football after work) and saw the ambulance and the bent up bike. I thought it looked a bad impact by the shape of the front wheel but assumed it wasn't serious because the ambulance was still there when I looked out of the office window 20 mins later. How wrong you can be. Again, best wishes

hey- i saw you. when i was lying in the road, i saw 2 cyclcist pass.. the last one was a guy, who was looking over. was going to wave:biggrin:

the delay was waiting for the police to arrive. the paras called them 3 times before they showed up!!!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
glad to hear you are in good spirits and this horrible accident hasn't put you off cycling.. good on ya!
Made my crash on monday look trivial

eatmydust

jonny jeez said:
YAY!!!

Great to hear you are home and clearly in good spirits. I'm so pleased for the both of you.

Christmas has come early in the Matty household.

Psst...Jax, if you work this right, you could be up for a ton of pampering!! you can't miss this opportunity, I can see it now..."luv pass the chocholate..I cant I HAVE A BROKEN NECK REMEMBER!!...now get your own";)

oh... and bonus....warm neck all winter, those braces are really snug!!!

mmm choc and warm necks...like your thinking!! but not sure it will enhance my christmas outfits!! it needs a serious make over and jujjing up...or i wonder if Louis Vuitton do a line in neck braces??

Hurrah!

Yes, if you can't get lots of pampering when you've got a broken neck, when can you eh? Matty, sort it out :tongue:
Have you got one of those Halo bolt jobby neck braces? I'm sure that'll look lovely decorated for xmas. :laugh:

Hopefully you'll be trying out the monkeylectric lights soon!

eatmydust

ianrauk said:
glad to hear you are in good spirits and this horrible accident hasn't put you off cycling.. good on ya!
Made my crash on monday look trivial

yes im feeling good thanks..(got some good drugs lol) sorry about your accident too. another SMIDSY i see! soooooo annoying!!! ive had lots of near misses, bu tup till now managed to avoid collision through good anticipation. But him on Monday was totally unavoidable. He wasn't even looking in my direction as he turned right. the only thing i could have done different would be to cycle slowly, which is quite impractical on a good downhill!.. or have had a flashing beacon of a light maybe!

eatmydust

semislickstick said:
Hurrah!

Yes, if you can't get lots of pampering when you've got a broken neck, when can you eh? Matty, sort it out :tongue:
Have you got one of those Halo bolt jobby neck braces? I'm sure that'll look lovely decorated for xmas. :laugh:

Hopefully you'll be trying out the monkeylectric lights soon!

no its an "Aspen" brace. lots of framework,velcro and even a crank button, to crank my chin up!...
hey maybe i should put my monkey lights on my brace fro christmas:biggrin:

amrushton

Sorry to hear about your accident but glad to hear you are recovering. My partner and I regularly cycle Bury Old/New Rd and I generally regard it as 'safe'. She uses an upgraded Solidlight powered by a dynamo and it's seriously bright. I use a Lumicycle LED3 and an HID lamp. If you wanted to compare these to your light drop me an email and we'll try to arrange something.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Have only just read this so a belated heal-up-soon from me too! Hope you and your GF are ok, the CTC legal people are quite good I'm told.

So many offs lately (and that could translate as "oh for ****s sake" equally). Stay safe people! I feel guilty as its been quite nice riding here lately. :biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
SilentSoulDragon said:
good to see your back home and in good spirits. I'm sure you'll find someway to glam up the neck brace.

Can you get a Buff over it maybe?

Anyway, glad to hear the damage isn't so serious, enjoy being pampered....

OvertheHill

Über Member
eatmydust said:
hey- i saw you. when i was lying in the road, i saw 2 cyclcist pass.. the last one was a guy, who was looking over. was going to wave:biggrin:

the delay was waiting for the police to arrive. the paras called them 3 times before they showed up!!!

No, wasn't me, wasn't on the bike on Monday - was in the car. You were maybe in the ambulance when I went past because all I saw was the bike - front wheel looked a mess. Anyway, great news that you're out and on the mend!

Top Bottom