Cyclist gets knocked down, gets back up again - Me!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
See commuting thread for the pride bit.

OK, maybe a bit tired, maybe just failed to heed the warning signals.

Coming out of the drive beside my house this morning, I rode straight into the path of a car that was obscured by the parked cars and slightly curved road.

Miraculously I appear to have avoided any broken bones, but plenty of pain in knee, hip and just above the ankle. And a slight graze on my right elbow.

Bike appears to be OK other than a bent front wheel, but will take it to the bike shop later for inspection.

Entirely my fault. Driver a bit shook up, but OK now I think. Me? On pain killers, and will update in a few days.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
See commuting thread for the pride bit.

OK, maybe a bit tired, maybe just failed to heed the warning signals.

Coming out of the drive beside my house this morning, I rode straight into the path of a car that was obscured by the parked cars and slightly curved road.

Miraculously I appear to have avoided any broken bones, but plenty of pain in knee, hip and just above the ankle. And a slight graze on my right elbow.

Bike appears to be OK other than a bent front wheel, but will take it to the bike shop later for inspection.

Entirely my fault. Driver a bit shook up, but OK now I think. Me? On pain killers, and will update in a few days.

Sorry to hear that.

Will you be out of pocket much for any damage to the car? (Hopefully you've got insurance.)

GC

OP
OP
BrumJim

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Not aware of any car damage, although I was a bit more bothered about me and the bike at the time.
Yes, I do have insurance.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Glad you're here to tell the tale!
GWS!

Top Bottom