Cyclist hit from behind, Hyde , Manchester Saturday.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
That's someone who needs locked up.

GC

glasgowcyclist

Shall we have a sweep for what the driver's excuse is going to be when he's nicked?

'Prank gone wrong' is what my money's on.

GC

OP
OP
Gez73

Gez73

Veteran
It's not very good footage to be fair.I assume the works truck is the reason for the camera anyway. Lets hope the vehicle and the moron within are identified (probably by other means), and punished accordingly.

sidevalve

Über Member
are you suggesting this is a set up?

likely cctv
they are everywhere and they are recording 24/7 so not exactly surprising
Cheers Ed
Just that I note ALL the action took place inside a very limited field of camera view. The rider was up on his feet almost instantly [not sure many would be after a bang like that]. Was it a "set up", was the rider a drug courier, was it a "prank". As usual we have no real facts

glasgowcyclist

Just that I note ALL the action took place inside a very limited field of camera view. The rider was up on his feet almost instantly [not sure many would be after a bang like that]. Was it a "set up", was the rider a drug courier, was it a "prank". As usual we have no real facts

Presumably Greater Manchester Police have enough 'real facts' to decide it warrants investigation and an appeal for witnesses:

Detective Constable Darren Byrne said: "This was a deliberate, shocking attack against an innocent man, who was lucky to escape more serious injury.
We are keen to speak to anyone who may have seen the incident, or perhaps even the car in question, which in this case was used as a weapon by the offender.
We hope that this appeal and the CCTV footage of the event will jog someone's memory and help us track down the perpetrator of this seemingly random attack."
Anyone with information should call police on 0161 856 9313 or the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

GC

OP
OP
Gez73

Gez73

Veteran
On the front page of today's MEN Manchester Evening News too. Should catch the tw@ before too long. Gez

sidevalve

Über Member
"seemingly random attack" - was it ? What do we know and as usual we will never know everything. The police will not release any details that may predjudice a case such as drug/gang involvement. All I'm saying is let's have ALL the facts before we decide. The rider would be regarded as innocent even if he were a known drug runner [and carrying drugs which he would have disposed of by the time any police arrived] secondly I note he seems to be looking directly at the car for several seconds [in fact it seems to start to drive away past him] and he can apparently give no description of it ? Not even colour ? What exactly are GM police looking into ?
It all just seems a bit too simple.

Top Bottom