Cyclist killed in Moray

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steve52

I'm back! Yippeee
collision with a car. how i loath that phrase,often used wrongly.
but it does nothing to lessen the tragedy

Mr Foldy

Iain - I'm so sorry to hear of this. It feels so inadequate to offer mere words, but I hope all these genuine condolences help, even in a small way.
And for the rest of us, tragedies like this are becoming too common, especially in Scotland this year for some reason. It feels even more real when it happens closer to home - its not right but sometimes its how the mind works. Something has clearly changed, whether its numbers of cyclists, worse roads or worse driving I really couldn't say, but it has to change.

coco2

Veteran
Thanks again for all your lovely kind words. I'm sure someday i will be able to go out on my bike without some tears appearing, they are getting less and the happy memories are taking over.
Again, thanks to eveyone...
Iain

ScotiaLass

Guru
Thanks again for all your lovely kind words. I'm sure someday i will be able to go out on my bike without some tears appearing, they are getting less and the happy memories are taking over.
Again, thanks to eveyone...
Iain

I'm sure Sally is beside you, spurring you on.
Thinking of you...

andrewpreston

On this Remembrance Day, l'm moved to make a suggestion. Could we have a day to remember our lost brethren(can't think of the feminine noun)?

I suggest design a logo/badge which we can print off wear on a specific day and use that day to lobby politicians, get on the media etc to promote road safety, cycling and road planning with cyclists in mind.

I realise that this is likely to be a big effort but surely it is better to take some action rather than just moan about the situation.

andrewpreston

Thinking my suggestions through, I realise that it will take a while to set up but if there's enough traction I'm willing to help set something up.

PS. If someone with influence wants to take the lead, I don't have a problem with that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom