Cyclist robbed at knifepoint on canal path near Glasgow.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Police Scotland link.
A black Specialized Stumpjumper was stolen from the rider at knifepoint on the canal path near Bishopbriggs on the outskirts of north Glasgow.
This is a path that I'm sure a lot of our west of Scotland members will be familiar with as it forms part of the off road route along the canal which runs from Glasgow to Edinburgh. It's a situation I've always had some fear of, as I do most of my cycling alone but try to avoid dodgy areas, especially on weekend evenings when this happened. I've also rehearsed what I would do if I find myself in a similar situation. I like to think I would kick the rear wheel as hard as possible in the hope of buckling it and immobilising the bike. In reality when faced with 3 unpredictable males, one with a knife, I would probably just cack it and watch my pride and joy disappear forever, to be sold for a days supply of heroin or similar. Quite sad :sad:.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Are there many dodgy area in Glasgow? Where did Rab C Nesbitt reside?

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Where did Rab C Nesbitt reside?
Him and Mary doll are fae Govan; a residential district (!!) to the west of the city centre and on the south bank of the river Clyde. Once famous for shipbuilding, and home of the famous Glasgow Rangers!

sorry to hear this - must have been alarming to say the least - knife crime a massive issue - I pretty much always avoid any traffic free route after dark. Only exception I make - I do sometimes take then very early - at the other end of the darkness - I always reckon neer to wells will be bored by then/inside somewhere maybe zonked out.

Top Bottom