Cyclist seriously injured - Dundee

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
From the BBC:

A cyclist suffered a serious head injury after he was hit by a car on the outskirts of Dundee.

The 37-year-old man was hurt after colliding with a blue Fiat 500 on the road leading to Bridgefoot outside the city at 18:30 on Wednesday.

He was taken to Ninewells Hospital, where he remains in a serious but stable condition. The driver of the car was unhurt.

Police are investigating and officers have appealed for witnesses.

GC

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Just read that. That's at least the third rider killed or injured that they have reported this week. :sad:

Ganymede

Veteran
From the BBC:

A cyclist suffered a serious head injury after he was hit by a car on the outskirts of Dundee.

The 37-year-old man was hurt after colliding with a blue Fiat 500 on the road leading to Bridgefoot outside the city at 18:30 on Wednesday.

He was taken to Ninewells Hospital, where he remains in a serious but stable condition. The driver of the car was unhurt.

Police are investigating and officers have appealed for witnesses.

GC
And once again you are left to wonder if he "collided" with the car or if the car pulled across him, or ran into him. I do not trust the word "collide" in any reports of cyclist injury.

OP
OP
glasgowcyclist

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
And once again you are left to wonder if he "collided" with the car or if the car pulled across him, or ran into him. I do not trust the word "collide" in any reports of cyclist injury.

That comes after the bit "he was hit by a car" ( although it's true that "collided with" usually takes precedence in such reports).

GC

Keith Oates

Janner
It's always good to get some recovery news after reading about an accident, hope he's fit and healthy again very soon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mo1959

Legendary Member
He's on the mend guys. Talking to one of our A & E doctors the other day and recognised him right away. He will have surgery on his face to mend broken bones etc but things are looking much better! ^_^

Nice to have a good ending to one of these threads.
Does he work in Ninewells? Hope it wasn't the lovely anaesthetist that put me under. He was a cyclist. Lovely guy.

Does he work in Ninewells? Hope it wasn't the lovely anaesthetist that put me under. He was a cyclist. Lovely guy.
No he be a firefighter. He's doing very well now and is looking forward to rehabilitation. :smile:

If you had a first or last name for the lovely anaesthetist then i could tell you who it was as they all cycle at COG Velo?

Mo1959

Legendary Member
No he be a firefighter. He's doing very well now and is looking forward to rehabilitation. :smile:

If you had a first or last name for the lovely anaesthetist then i could tell you who it was as they all cycle at COG Velo?
Could be wrong as I was nervous as heck but I think it might have been Simon. He said he had three bikes. Lol.

Top Bottom