Dammit, I wanted that job...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Arch said:
I always faniced driving a Post Bus. Now it seems my chances are dwindling.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/highlands_and_islands/8004284.stm

Looks like I'll have to fall back on my other ambition, Mobile Library Driver.

Careful of what you wish for :tongue:

Just think back to the days of Fizzie, Kermit:eek:.... Do you wish to back to them:cursing::biggrin:

PaulB

Legendary Member
I always wanted the job of oiling the lapdancers down at Spearmint Rhino till I heard the money was outrageous. £300 a week! There's no way I could afford that.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
spandex said:
Careful of what you wish for :tongue:

Just think back to the days of Fizzie, Kermit:eek:.... Do you wish to back to them:cursing::biggrin:

Sometimes, yes...

I loved Piggy, she was the ex-library. I'd love her even more full of books. And you'd be part of a great routine, people would look forward to seeing you, having a chat, changing their books, it would be a real community thing.

I have this mad idea, that'll never go anywhere, that museums could get out some of the stuff they have stored away, gathering dust, and put together mobile museums, just like libraries. Ok, some stuff is too precious to cart about, but there are tonnes of bits of pottery, bone combs and other odds and ends that could be loaded up (maybe in rotation, so you'd have a Viking month, and a Roman month) and driven round to little village schools or village halls, to give people a chance to learn about stuff easily. And the driver would know enough to be able to explain it all. My godmother once helped to run a travelling antique patchwork quilt show that did the same sort of thing - lots of patchwork quilts hung up on frames in a hall or something, and people came to look and find out a bit about the craft. I helped out a couple of times, it was great fun.

I'm a bit fired up, I spent the morning giving aome 14 year olds a taste of archaology at university, and they were a bright lot, and listened and everything... I almost feel motivated.

Top Bottom