Trivial things that make you think 'yuk!'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
I'm a kid of the 70s and survived the mucky fields we used to play in, mud fights, eating sandwitches from unwashed hands, swigging pop from a bottle my friends had drank from with no more than a cursory wipe etc etc.
You shouldn't (imo) try to avoid everything, you need to expose yourself to some stuff to maintain a good immune system.
Classic thing was working in Egypt, I got possible the worst case of diahorrea ever..,,it was the food. When talking to the guy who looked after my accommodation and food, he explained, it's the same food we eat (and It was ) but you're ( my) stomach just wasn't used to the natural bacteria out there, which to me, makes sense.

My thing that does make me go ughhh, mixed up food on the plate. Mixed up as it all stirred up. Yuk, visually horrible

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Coming onto the cyclepath at 7.30 this morning....greeted by a large dog 'laying an egg' whilst the owner got the old plaggy bag ready :blush:. Great start to the day!.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Out walking once I came across another walker with a placcy bag which he twirled rapidly round like a slingshot to twist the end then shoved it into his rucksack.

I really hoped the bag had his sandwiches in, or maybe he'd been picking blackberries. But that wasn't how my brain initially interpreted it. He didn't have a dog with him.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Out walking once I came across another walker with a placcy bag which he twirled rapidly round like a slingshot to twist the end then shoved it into his rucksack.

I really hoped the bag had his sandwiches in, or maybe he'd been picking blackberries. But that wasn't how my brain initially interpreted it. He didn't have a dog with him.

I sometimes see the 'poo tree' where lazy people can't be bothered to walk 100 yards up the path and put them in the doggy poop bin the Council lovingly supplied so they attach freezer bags to the branches.

Top Bottom