Dark, wet, cold, horrid and depressing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

...it's horrid outside...YUCK. Thankfully I still have a warm home and a family somewhere...rugby on tv and a cuppa T...

Willow

yuk here too, just finished doing some work and now going to lounge around, boys at their dads. I'm hoping rugby training is off tomorrow because I don't fancy it if the weather doesn't improve.

simoncc

Bigtallfatbloke said:
...it's horrid outside...YUCK. Thankfully I still have a warm home and a family somewhere...rugby on tv and a cuppa T...

You should be in Manchester. I've just had a glorious 25 mile trundle round the country lanes followed by shopping in town. The weather was warmish and the autumn sunshine and colours were superb. Lots of cyclists out.

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
Very pretty outside here.

DSCF1294.jpg

DSCF1295.jpg

simoncc

Bigtallfatbloke said:
Snow I like...it's the greyness I hate.

The countryside is never grey, always green - or white when it has snowed of course. That's why cycling is good all year round.

simoncc said:
You should be in Manchester. I've just had a glorious 25 mile trundle round the country lanes followed by shopping in town. The weather was warmish and the autumn sunshine and colours were superb. Lots of cyclists out.

It certainly wasn't warmish here in North Wales. It was very cold and raw with still some snow on the ground.

simoncc

Patrick Stevens said:
It certainly wasn't warmish here in North Wales. It was very cold and raw with still some snow on the ground.

When I say warmish I mean warmer than it has been for the last few days. This is the first year I can remember when I've gone straight from shorts to leggings and gloves. Usually the gloves follow a few weeks after the leggings.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
simoncc said:
When I say warmish I mean warmer than it has been for the last few days. This is the first year I can remember when I've gone straight from shorts to leggings and gloves. Usually the gloves follow a few weeks after the leggings.
Same here. I seem to have ditched my summer kit for the full winter outfit in one fell swoop.

peanut

Grey and cold it may be but we are all tuckered down snug and warm .Just finished a huge plate of bangers n mash and settling down to a nice cuppa and a DVD movie.;) brilliant.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
It was a bit gloomy this afternoon, but we togged up and rode out to Sainsbury's. Feel much better than if I'd vegged round the house all day. Am about to make a batch of parkin biscuits and now feel very warm and snuggly.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
It wasn't grey where I was today, only some of the clouds were grey. It was all greens, browns, oranges pretty much uninterupted. Really glad I went out.

Top Bottom