Dawes galaxy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cisamcgu

Legendary Member

Richard Broomhead

I one about 18 months ago for my wife based on the advertised frame size being suitable for her. It wasn't... 631 with slightly sloping top tube. 9 speed, bar end shifters, rear rack. Don't know the year - it is quite a few years old, but in immaculate condition. It has a 1 1/8" quill stem, if that helps with dating it. Brand new Marathon + 28mm tyres. Wheels true. Piccies here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/255387614/Dawes Galaxy 54cm.zip

I was originally hoping to get my money back including tyres, but realise now that I won't... £350?? I'll check measurements for you tomorrow if you're interested, but it rides bigger than my 21" Randonneur - certainly more stretched out, so would be pretty close to the 22" you want.

Cheers,

Richard

U

User19783

I one about 18 months ago for my wife based on the advertised frame size being suitable for her. It wasn't... 631 with slightly sloping top tube. 9 speed, bar end shifters, rear rack. Don't know the year - it is quite a few years old, but in immaculate condition. It has a 1 1/8" quill stem, if that helps with dating it. Brand new Marathon + 28mm tyres. Wheels true. Piccies here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/255387614/Dawes Galaxy 54cm.zip

I was originally hoping to get my money back including tyres, but realise now that I won't... £350?? I'll check measurements for you tomorrow if you're interested, but it rides bigger than my 21" Randonneur - certainly more stretched out, so would be pretty close to the 22" you want.

Cheers,

Richard

Very very nice, nearly tempted myself here,
But I have already a dawes audux 631 , and loving the bike.
Good luck,

galaxy

Veteran
I`ll never part with my Galaxy

Richard Broomhead

Very very nice, nearly tempted myself here,
But I have already a dawes audux 631 , and loving the bike.
Good luck,
Cheers User19783 - it's a super bike really, but is pretty much identical (in function/intention at least) to my Randonneur, so it seems daft to keep both. A 1 in, 1 out rule has been instituted as well, & since I'm hankering after a lightweight as well, it really does need to go...

U

User19783

Cheers User19783 - it's a super bike really, but is pretty much identical (in function/intention at least) to my Randonneur, so it seems daft to keep both. A 1 in, 1 out rule has been instituted as well, & since I'm hankering after a lightweight as well, it really does need to go...

Just out of interest,
I live near Oxford, are you close by?
If so , I might pop round and make a good offer?

JPBoothy

Veteran
Hi All,
Sorry for coming in on this one a little late, but I have a stunning 2008 Dawes Super Galaxy to sell due to the owner sadly passing away.Prior to that he worked out of country so the bike has only been ridden for about 500 miles since purchased new (honestly). The paintwork has no stone chips and the components all work faultlessly. I may be too far away for the original enquiry, but hopefully there be another Galaxy fan out there who can have years of pleasure out this bike. It is just too nice for e-bay, or the notice board at work.

Regards

John

Top Bottom