Deep wheelset cash waiting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
There was a few people picked up on for tri spokes at Cambridge but nothing about deep weeks the px's are the same depth as zipp 808's

Citius

Are you sure you knew all that :rolleyes:

You started off saying they were legal, then they were ok in BC events not UCI, then it's irrelevant, then finally no one cares.

I've ridden PX50s myself in races -literally thousands of riders do this in the UK every weekend or midweek. What I said was that a rim depth of 82mm is permissable (which is correct) and that a rider would not get excluded from a BC-sanctioned race for rocking up with a non-UCI approved wheelset. Technically, it could happen, realistically, it wouldn't. We once excluded a rider for turning up with tri-spokes. Even the BC regs state minimum 16 spokes.

bianchi1

Guru
I've ridden PX50s myself in races -literally thousands of riders do this in the UK every weekend or midweek. What I said was that a rim depth of 82mm is permissable (which is correct) and that a rider would not get excluded from a BC-sanctioned race for rocking up with a non-UCI approved wheelset. Technically, it could happen, realistically, it wouldn't. We once excluded a rider for turning up with tri-spokes. Even the BC regs state minimum 16 spokes.

Actually it's
  1. Wheels shall have at least 12 spokes.

bianchi1

Guru
16 spokes for BC regs, which is what I said..

I know that's what you said, but its wrong.

This paragraph is from the British Cycling 2015 handbook, page 109.

1.3.018 Wheels of the bicycle may vary in diameter between 70 cm maximum and 55 cm minimum, including the tyre. For the cyclo-cross bicycle the width of the tyre (measured between the widest parts) shall not exceed 33 mm and it may not incorporate any form of spike or stud. For massed start competitions in the disciplines road and cyclo-cross only wheel designs granted prior approval by the UCI may be used. Wheels shall have at least 12 spokes; spokes can be round, flattened or oval, as far as no dimension of their sections exceeds 10 mm. In order to be granted approval wheels must have passed a rupture test as prescribed by the UCI in a laboratory approved by the UCI. The test results must show that the rupture characteristics obtained are compatible with those resulting from an impact sustained during normal use of the wheel. The following criteria must be fulfilled:

Top Bottom