Dentist waiting room horror!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Maz said:
That's a lousey joke, Aperitif! ;)

Aren't they all! :wacko::tongue: :biggrin:

wafflycat

ChrisKH said:
All well and good but when you have one-two families in a class of thirty who don't treat their kids lice and everyone gets them repeatedly it's a pain in the arse. My wife got so sick of my two being reinfected (reinfested?) that when one offending kid was invited round to play she put them in the bath together and did it herself. With another kid she took him back to the school gates and told the mother to take him home (he was crawling) and bring him back when he was clear. And she did. Mind you she's not talking to us now...........

Quite.

In the dim recesses of pre-history when I was at school, every term the nit nurse inspected *everyone* and if anyone had head lice they were sent home and the parents told to sort it. Those of us with long hair had to have it tied back/up, preferrably in plaits so there was less chance of the little blighters transferring as hair was not wafting about all over the place. Indeed, when the nit-nurse visited, it was a matter of *shame* if anyone had lice, and quite honestly, if there was more than one case in the entire school per year, it was considered unacceptable. Now, it seems things are much more lax.. which is not good IMO

LLB

wafflycat said:
Quite.

In the dim recesses of pre-history when I was at school, every term the nit nurse inspected *everyone* and if anyone had head lice they were sent home and the parents told to sort it. Those of us with long hair had to have it tied back/up, preferrably in plaits so there was less chance of the little blighters transferring as hair was not wafting about all over the place. Indeed, when the nit-nurse visited, it was a matter of *shame* if anyone had lice, and quite honestly, if there was more than one case in the entire school per year, it was considered unacceptable. Now, it seems things are much more lax.. which is not good IMO

The parents a reluctant to say anything to other parents nowadays. My kid used to get them regularly off her mates, and none of the other parents ever came forward and volunteered the info. I had to ring them up in the end and tell them to check their own out.

So flipping annoying, it made me think they were either lazy or ashamed ;)

longers

Legendary Member
I remember my mum telling our neighbour "they only go for clean hair - try rubbing their heads in muck" ;)

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Never had them myself, but my daughter's had them 4 or 5 times since she started primary school :tongue:

She was calmly telling me that one of the girls at her new school was crawling with them, and that the other girls were helping her to pick the live nits out at break-time as they were pretty big and not hard to find....

Trouble now is that the lice are pretty resistant to almost everything you throw at them, so it all comes back down to a daily coating of the hair in conditioner and combing through with a nit comb to get the little buggers out. It's great fun, especially when your daughter has very long hair; takes absolutely ages to check and comb through every last inch !

buggi

Bird Saviour
i think that's bollox about clean hair. it's a made up story to make people feel better about having nits.

i think nits just like hair... dirty, clean or inbetween.

col

Legendary Member
I just wonder where they come from in the first place,most kids catch them from other kids,but where did the first kid get them from?

Top Bottom