Describe your rig

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
jpembroke

jpembroke

Fair point. But 5mm and no more. I don't want to damage my knees.

Paul Godfrey

Just built up my first cross bike a couple of weekends ago.
It's a Ridley Crosswind frame (red/black)
105 wheels (black rims)
Vittoria Cross XG grey tyres
Rotor BB (Anodized red)
Ultegra SL Chainset (gunmetal grey)
Shimano PD-M520 pedals (black)
105 front and rear mech (silver)
105 STI levers
Froggleg cantis (black)
Pro seatpin (gunmetal grey)
Deda Newton bar and stem (gunmetal grey)
Specialized black bartape
Specialized bar end plugs (red)
Specialized Toupe saddle (black/red)
Connex Wipperman 10sp chain
Shimano cables

Had a quick blast around Epping Forest on the Saturday for the first time ever on a cross bike then raced the next day at Davy Down - something of a baptism of fire! Got my dismount down pat but getting back on had me clambering all over the bike! Exhausted after an hour but totally converted, can't wait for the next race.

Paul

Paul Godfrey

I came 12th out of 20 (2 DNF). I was quite pleased to be honest as I started at the rear and managed to gain a few places. I'm more used to racing Time Trials and the occasional road race so it was a bit of a shock, a whole new set of skills to be learned. I was over at Koksijde at the weekend trying to pick up some tips from the pros, I really have got the bug!
Paul

OP
OP
jpembroke

jpembroke

It's such a great sport. Of all the things I've been in to - climbing, fell running, various aspects of cycling - 'cross is the thing I enjoy the most. It's a very tough sport and really intense but also friendly and close knit. I'd love to watch some pro races. Will hopefully make it to the world champs in 2010 (hope it's in Belgium).

Paul Godfrey

Cheers Dave, not so fit at the moment, got a rotten cold and I've been off the bike for two weeks. Took your advice and ordered the book from Amazon so looking forward to that.
Cheers,
Paul

MePower

Hi, newborn here. Not raced mine, but hoping to after i`ve got rid of a few lb via my sunday club run!

Rocklobster kinesium
itm bars & stem
xt triple trans 48 x 36 x 22/ 11 x 36, with dura ace bar end levers (old skool!)
aksium
magura evo rim hydraulics
hutchinson gold
specialized gel tape
no - name saddle but i like it

RedBike

I didn't think anyone else would be racing on a Rock Lobster with yellow tyres.
Thankfully the bikes look quite different!

2836930870_20475ee4c8_m.jpg

Top Bottom