Different....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Keith Oates said:
It must be something special because when I try to open the U Tube link I get the message:
"This video is not available in your country due to copyright restrictions"

Now I'm curious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Website CLICKY

Mr Pig

Admin said:
I know which one I'd want in an accident - defo rather have the feet hit first than my head!!!

That's what I thought, idiotic. A solution looking for a problem.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Mr Pig said:
That's what I thought, idiotic. A solution looking for a problem.

I gather they have some aerodynamic advantage in HPV racing, but I don't think they are seriously intended for transport. Terrible in any type of traffic, if you have to crane your neck up to see.

So probably the bike equivalent of an F1 car... The 'problem' is just how to go even faster. Whether you reagrd that as a valid problem, I suppose, depends on whether you are interested in competition.

Of course, there is just the spirit of innovation, and fun. There is no point to a lot of modern inventions, except the fact that some one found it could be done, and it was fun.

I think he is suggesting that you don't need to look up as you wear mirror glasses that let you see to the front with your head down. However, as others have said, a front impact wouldn't be fun! :biggrin:

notsolazy

Imagine the sickness levels to begin with having to rely on mirrors to see where you are going xx(:angry:. It would take ages to get the arms string enough to ride in that position for ages unless there are any super fit people

Beardie

I knew I'd seen something like it before, and a search of the Encycleopedia website turned up the Prone Low Profile from 2001.
http://www.encycleopedia.com/index.cfm?pid=23&edID=216
I agree that the makers of the new Horizon-t are going a bit far in suggesting that their creation is suitable for general use for all sorts of reasons, especially rearward vision, and is probably best suited to HPV contests.
BTW, the rider's weight is not taken by the arms, but on pads supporting the shoulders.

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
It's telling that comments have been disabled for that video...

Top Bottom