Fancy something different ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
just popped up on a local sales page
Homemade tandem , £55 surely a bargain if you trust the welders skills........................................................
_nc_ohc=M2_fLGZdaEkAX9J9IKw&_nc_ht=scontent-man2-1.jpg

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
nice paint job

Imaging the poor child sitting on that piece of wood
... with their feet on the two stumps of rebar welded to the downtube! Welded to the downtube at knee-smashing-height, I might add :laugh:

I like the fact you're stuck in the big ring too, as the other's occupied by the tandem chain. It does open the opportunity for the captain to have a smaller chainring than the stoker - genius! :laugh:

Often, with overoptimistic FB/Gumtree adds, there's something in the bike that makes me start doing a quick mental calculation along the lines of "well, that Brooks saddle's worth fifty quid and the rear mech's quite nice". With this it's the stem and and the piece of wood at about a quid and, er, that's it!

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Apollo would be the first red flag for me, and Pulse doesn't fill me with confidence. If the welder can go that cheap I wouldn't trust his expertise.

presta

Guru
A front derailleur could get complicated: unship the chains, remove the stoker's foot from the pedal, swap the chains over, put the stoker's foot back, put the chains back on the chainrings. :laugh:

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Judging by the sag on the forks, the elastomers have given up the ghost, probably due to the excess weight.

Ironically, they probably work better now :laugh:

Top Bottom