Disc wheel or cover!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Disc wheel or disc cover for standard wheel!

Anyone got for sale, or know where I can get hold of a rear disc wheel for a track bike without breaking the bank. This is pretty much for cosmetics(yup, thats right ;)), so i'd consider a disc cover for a different rim. Trying to mod my fuji track to make it non ugly and time trial it up a bit on a budget.

Kahuczek

I have a set of disc covers, not to hand tho', i'll a take photo on Monday and mail it to you if you like....

Will1985

Über Member
Is this for velodrome and road? Not sure if covers are allowed on the track.

You won't find a decent quality 2nd hand disc for less than £200-250. Covers are much less, but the they would have to be specifically for a track wheel - I tried to put my covers for an Open Pro + road hub onto an Open Pro + track hub and it wouldn't work. If you're prepared to shell out for a disc but the use is just for road, then I'd suggest getting a new set of covers.

The expensive option is a Zipp 900, Corima CN+, or ProLite Padova.

Kahuczek

Yes I have a pair, they are UNI Disc type, they came off a shimano eight speed wheel, so of no use with a fixed wheel as one off the centres has been removed, sorry.

OP
OP
Rob3rt

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Thanks anyway, I totally forgot this thread, oops

Will its for the road, my rear wheel is a dog of a wheel so rather than buy a new rear wheel I thought I'd slap a disc on it since weight it not a concern. Wheelbuilder say they cant make them for fixed wheel bikes though.

OP
OP
Rob3rt

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Sorry for dp, cant edit. My concern is not so much cosmetics anymore, since I got a lot more interested in going fast :angry:

Top Bottom