Do you got out in the rain ?

Do you got out in the rain ?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

got-to-get-fit

Hmmmmm......well, i commute by bike so if it rains then theres not a lot i can do about it.

I dont think i would go out for a pootle on my own if it was raining, but if it was an organised ride with friends, i wouldnt let it put me off ....unless it was a monsoon.

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

fossyant said:
Commute in all weathers (except bad ice). Will go out at weekend if it's a bit iffy, but not if it's persisting down - done enough in the week anyway.

Looks like I'm on for a drowning tonight - question is waterproofs or not as it's roasting out.....

Nowt worse than being clammy Foss i'd take it like a MAN ! :biggrin:

:smile:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Yep, I go out when it's raining. You can only get wet once, and your skin is waterproof.

buggi

Bird Saviour
it's the wind that stops me, but i love really heavy downpours. don't even bother with waterproofs as such, coz they always leak eventually anyway, the buy cycling gear that stays warm on my skin.

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

Bugz - talking of downpours: I like them in some ways as you can look a cardriver in the eye & and think 'come on then yer nancy show us what you got now ! yuh wuss :tongue: '

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Rain and 'bad weather' are just tools of the media trying to scare the populus into doing naff all but go shopping.

I ride whatever the weather. One of my memorable rides this year was 20 miles in falling snow to get a DVD for the night.

Lisa21

Mooching.............
I live in Wales. There is no choice unless I want to only ride twice a year:biggrin:

Luckily I love riding in the rain, especially if its warm:biggrin:

dodgy

I used to find it easy to find excuses not to ride in the wet. But for some reason I've changed, now I not only don't mind riding in the rain, I'll even venture out if it is already raining - that's the difference, actually making the choice to ride in the rain. Once you get over that mental hurdle, it's fine.
It also helps if you have a suitably equipped bike, having mudguards makes it much better.

Top Bottom