1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do You Read The Daily Mail ?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by HLaB, 23 Mar 2013.

?

Do You Read The Daily Mail ?

1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    16.4%
  2. No

50 vote(s)
    68.5%
  3. Other (feel free to add a witty response)

11 vote(s)
    15.1%
  1. pally83

pally83 Well-Known Member

Hellz no! Most papers make stuff up but they're one of the worst. And Jan Moir & Richard Littlejohn write for it. Odious.

2. Mort

Mort Interstellar Overalls

People don't tend to read the Daily Mail, they usually grunt and point at the pictures.

3. Alex H

Alex H Über Member

4. flissh

flissh Active Member

Me too! I read it on line, can't seem to stop myself. My other half always tuts if he sees me with it on the lap top, but I have seen him having a crafty look too:whistle:
    If we buy a paper (less and less these days) we get the guardian.

AnythingButVanilla likes this.
  5. PaulB

PaulB Veteran

I once signed a petition to have it closed down. I hate it but for two things...one is the layout of their website which happens to be the best of any British newspaper...if you can ignore the content....and the crossword on the back page and nine-letter anagram within are a pleasant way to pass fifteen minutes.

6. PaulB

PaulB Veteran

I want to vomit when I read that. It's no surprise but the most read; whoa! I'm amazed and full of despair for this country that it still exists. I thought (hoped) it would go the way of the News of the Screws. We live in hope.

7. wilko

wilko Well-Known Member

I will admit to scanning the sports section on line if I'm particularly bored.

8. dodgy

dodgy Über Member

The problem with reading the Daily Mail, is that largely, those that do have no idea they're being lambasted on forums like this for doing it.

My dad reads it, he has no idea at all that it's mocked by the online community.

9. threebikesmcginty

threebikesmcginty Big Stupid Baby Head

Don't know if this is typical of their readership but the only 2 people that I know who read it are/were my gran who battled on to 89 and great aunt Maud who at 91 is still buying the bloody thing, mind you the other paper she buys is the Leicester Mercury...

10. Paulus

Paulus Veteran

A big NO from me. There is a chap in my local pub who reads it, and always tries to pass it on to me. I thought he would get the idea that I don't want it after many many refusals.

11. sheddy

sheddy Über Member

Do the online column of shame stories get printed in the paper ?

12. Crock of Gold

Crock of Gold Guest

I read it out of a perverted curiosity. And my wife buys it at weekends.

13. swee'pea99

swee'pea99 Guru

It's occurred to me in the past that there's probably a business to be made out of making bog paper that reproduces the DM. I'm sure quite a lot of people would pay good money to get that extra little bit of satisfaction out of every dump...

14. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah

My wife has just bought home a copy.
    So just spent half an hour going through it.
    Even the football reporting is third rate.
    The only decent section seems to be the review supplement.

15. GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry Guru

often have a look at the Wail website to see what the numpties that buy it are being told to think.