1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do You Read The Daily Mail ?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by HLaB, 23 Mar 2013.

?

Do You Read The Daily Mail ?

1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    16.4%
  2. No

50 vote(s)
    68.5%
  3. Other (feel free to add a witty response)

11 vote(s)
    15.1%
  1. sheddy

sheddy Über Member

Do the online column of shame stories get printed in the paper ?
  2. Crock of Gold

Crock of Gold Guest

Advert
    I read it out of a perverted curiosity. And my wife buys it at weekends.
  3. swee'pea99

swee'pea99 Guru

It's occurred to me in the past that there's probably a business to be made out of making bog paper that reproduces the DM. I'm sure quite a lot of people would pay good money to get that extra little bit of satisfaction out of every dump...
  4. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah

My wife has just bought home a copy.
    So just spent half an hour going through it.
    Even the football reporting is third rate.
    The only decent section seems to be the review supplement.
  5. GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry Age is just a number.

often have a look at the Wail website to see what the numpties that buy it are being told to think.
  6. Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

The Online version does provide updates on the latest sleb nonentities: weight gain, weight loss, holiday destination, celulite, boyfriend/girlfriend, baby-bump, diet regime, excercise regime, tattoo, bikini, camel toe, fashion, drunken nights out, vajazzle.
    It's the only bit it does well ...
  7. Crock of Gold

Crock of Gold Guest

I've just read (my wife's) edition. Nothing in the paper itself, at all.
  8. srw

srw AGM 2008, Dykes medal 2011

http://www.mailclassified.co.uk/cir...ulation-readership#daily-mail-monday---friday

Readership information is easily available online, because it's of interest to advertisers. The typical mail reader is over 65 (42%), in social class C1 (clerical/junior manager) (33%), and female (52%). 70% of them read no other newspaper. By contrast, the typical Guardian reader is under 24 (19% - though there's a very even spread of readers throughout the age profile), male (53%) and in social class AB (professional/managerial) (66%).
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/advertising/guardian-circulation-readership-statistics

Curiously, the Telegraph is rather coy about its current readership, preferring instead to publish some fluffy aspirational guff. Its last published profile said that 38% of readers were over 65 - not far short of hte Mail's profile.

I know where I'd choose to invest if I wanted a long-term future in newspapers.
    Crock of Gold and Alex H like this.
  9. Spinney

Spinney Work-avoider & tea drinker ! Staff Member

The online site also amends history - such as by deleting the hate-filled article by Littlejohn that helped hound Lucy Meadows to her death.
  10. Crock of Gold

Crock of Gold Guest

Littlejohn is a spiteful, odious coward.
  11. Shortmember

Shortmember Tact and Diplomacy advisor to The Jeremy Kyle Show

The liberal minded journalists of the Daily Mail may be taking a hammering on this forum, but at least they can console themselves with the knowledge that in the 1930's that other staunch defender of human rights,Adolf Hitler,regarded it as the best newspaper in Britain.
  12. Star Strider

Star Strider Active Member

That would be the result of the infamous DM headline

"Hurrah For The Blackshirts!"

Which remains a facepalm moment for the DM to this day.
  13. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

I don't think that Mail journo who tried to get the membership of Mumsnet to whip up some evidence for her ever responded to their reaction. I'd love to have seen her face as she read that thread....